GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Clear Side Markers - Mind the Gap fix?

SM08GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey everybody,

(Searched on this a bit, but did not see an answer thought I would just post here.)

I got some clear side markers to replace the orange 'reflectors' - love the new look - matches the rest of the cars clear plastic covering lights on the side mirrors, etc...

Anyway, since these are not OEM and are Ebay specials, since ECS was on backorder and I liked the look of these

Okay, they fit and are solid, BUT are NOT seamless, as there is in some spots small gaps. Not a big deal, unless you get right down on them and look, but my concern is with moisture getting in to the side of the car there, etc…

Is moisture a concern? Anybody, know of a fix, maybe some sort of spray foam that could neatly fill the gap?

Thanks,

Shane

bhmkv

Auto Body Appraiser
Car(s)
07 CW GTI
As long as the bulb and side marker is sealed no worries. That isnt a water proof area of the car. behind fender liner is open area.

SM08GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks bros. Will not worry then. Though may have to go back in there again and push that gasket on tighter I could not get it to go on as far as the stock one I took off for some reason...but its on 60% I'd say guess thats good enough. Peace.