GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

City light problems....

3BallUG

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey all. I'm sure all here have had an issue with lighting at some point or another. I've been chasing down a problem for months but can't seem to find the culprit.

I had a shop replace my radiator last year and when they put everything back together they told me the fog light, city light and side marker were not working. The technician told me they "unhooked it" until I came back the following week for another appointment I had with them.

Needless to say I never went back due to other life issues. I managed to get the fog light working again and the side marker but the city light is still dead. I've checked wiring, I unplugged the harness and checked for broken pins, I put a regular filament bulb back in rather than the led I had in there and turned off cold diagnostics. Nothing.

Strange thing is I don't have a bulb out warning and scanning with vag-com reveals nothing. The passenger side city light and every other light on that side work perfectly. However I have not checked the fuse although I would think the driver side city light doesn't have a fuse for itself. The fuse probably protects the entire circuit and any lights within it. I'm guessing. Anyone here encounter this?

3BallUG

Passed Driver's Ed
I had led's in the city light sockets. Never had any issues with bulb out warnings. The bulbs always worked well. Ever since the work I got done at that shop the driver side city light has been dead. Just wondering if anyone else here might have had a similar issue after doing diagnosis. Im at a complete loss trying to find the issue.

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
Did you check for power at the pin for the city/running light at the connector plug?? I can not tell you which one it is because I have no idea what you are working on.

PS

The pin number is 10 for both HID & Halogen headlights on NAR VW MK5

Last edited: