GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Christmas Alone..... Anyone else?

Agray

Go Kart Champion
M-35 here... single- no kids and family all lives far away and we decided not to travel because well, 2020.

It’ll be me, the GTI and the dog alone on Christmas. Not sure it has quite hit me yet, not sure how I feel about it. Maybe I’ll spend the day daydreaming on ESCTuning.com 😂

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
M-35 here... single- no kids and family all lives far away and we decided not to travel because well, 2020.

It’ll be me, the GTI and the dog alone on Christmas. Not sure it has quite hit me yet, not sure how I feel about it. Maybe I’ll spend the day daydreaming on ESCTuning.com 😂

Ive spent most of the holidays since 2011 alone far from home, it’s not as bad as you’d think. However I signed up for that by working for the airlines.

We’re still torn on traveling this year, worst case the wife/kids & I will cook something on the smoker and hang out.

3rdOne

Go Kart Champion
not totally alone, it will be my wife, me and the dog, but we always travel for Christmas to visit family that can't travel. Will be unusual but I hope to make the best of it, this year especially. We will consider it a staycation. All the stress of this year it will actually be nice to not have to worry about anything.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
not totally alone, it will be my wife, me and the dog, but we always travel for Christmas to visit family that can't travel. Will be unusual but I hope to make the best of it, this year especially. We will consider it a staycation. All the stress of this year it will actually be nice to not have to worry about anything.

Same except the dog. All of our family is days away by car. I could easily rent a motorhome but then what, we could barely safely see anyone. Hopefully we'll get the vaccine by March.

vjmvjm

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S DSG PP
Get in the car and take a nice scenic drive (hopefully the weather cooperates). When we (wife and I) moved across country to California away from family, Christmas was always a nice day to drive to the Sierra and take a nice loop around Lake Tahoe. Just like Thanksgiving was the day to go to the Moscone Center in San Francisco for the auto show.

bonnieshona

Car(s)
Subaru
I moved away from my home town in 2010. I’ve spent many Christmas’s alone. It was lonely and hard at first, but today I enjoy it. I have no desire to go be with my family because there are so many unspoken lies and questions. I feel that my family is a complete farce. I’d rather be alone than go back there. Plus, I do spend time with women that I’m dating during the Holidays, just not usually on Christmas morning.

I remember when I was a kid and I’d see someone alone on Christmas, and I’d think to myself what a terrible thing it was. Now I’m older and realize it’s just part of life. Many, many older people end up alone on December 25. It might be you in fifty years. What happens is your spouse dies, and your kids live in another city a long ways away. Or maybe ya’ll don’t get along anymore. This happens to alot of families. I know it happened to mine. When once we were all so close, and now darkness has crept in. Can we forgive? Yes. But forget? Not so quick, especially when people haven’t changed and aren’t willing to admit their wrong doings.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
If you is alone right now, it won't be any different on Christmas unless you're the type to really wallow in it.

You'll be fine I'm sure.