GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Chris Harris and Sabine Schmitz to host Top Gear reportedly

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I'm ready for the real top gear to come back. Sounds like it should be around May when it comes out. It should be pretty interesting to see what Amazon does with it. They also gave them a budget 10 times bigger than BBC gave them per episode.

Philimon

Ready to race!
I'm ready for the real top gear to come back. Sounds like it should be around May when it comes out. It should be pretty interesting to see what Amazon does with it. They also gave them a budget 10 times bigger than BBC gave them per episode.

:word: Have they come up with a name for the show or an air date? I didn't know about that 10x budget though, woah. Canceling HULU for Amazon Prime justcausenewTopGear.

Chris Harris is the only reviewer I really like outside of May and Clarkson. I'm glad to see him get the show.

Matt Farrah's test drives of people's modded cars on the smoking tire is cool too, but the production is just not pretty so they feel to run too long because it's not as fun to look at. Even our own golfmk6 forum member's episode had me hitting skip halfway through:
http://www.thesmokingtire.com/category/video/

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I haven't seen anything about a name yet, they just keep calling it amazons motorist show lol

I like Matt Farrah. It's one of the few car channels I'm subscribed to. His video about the kid that built his own rally car in his barn was really cool.

I hope the new guys at Top Gear do a good job too. More car shows to watch isn't a bad thing. They just need to be better than Top Gear USA.

Pakman332

Ready to race!
That's not too difficult...
I've never actually watched Top Gear USA, what's so bad about it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Car(s)
'15 LSG Golf R
The presenters don't have any chemistry.

I respect Tanner Foust's driving credentials, and Rutledge Wood is a genuine car buff. Adam Ferrara is pure filler and the weakest character of the trio.

The writing for the show is terrible. They rehash ideas that were previously done on Top Gear UK, and it is even more scripted and less spontaneous than that show as well.

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
Like the idea of Chris & Sabine, not sure about the third guy & his car association or skills behind the wheel. That looks like the debacle's recipe of Top Gear America, finding a funny (the comedian) car doing the job of car journalist / racer.

theunholy

Go Kart Champion
This host combo looks alot like Fifth Gear.... two (or three) racing drivers and a comedian...The show will get more technical since Chris Harris is here... but I always thought fifth gear was the more technical/scientific motor show and TG was always a fun/humorous motor show.

Still will watch becauseChrisHarris

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion

IN my eyes the budget increase is actually a bad thing. Top Gear was the best and most genuine (Not saying it was completely genuine) in it's early days when they didn't have the budget for crazy effects and wild logistical feats.

tjasko

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2012 CW .:R
Lots of respect for Chris Harris. Of course some people have other thoughts about him, but I'm looking forward to this.

tjasko

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2012 CW .:R
Matt Farrah's test drives of people's modded cars on the smoking tire is cool too, but the production is just not pretty so they feel to run too long because it's not as fun to look at. Even our own golfmk6 forum member's episode had me hitting skip halfway through
I met Matt this year at Fastivus. Very down-to-earth dude and I respect his reviews a lot (his videos on Drive+ are great if you're willing to pay for it), but yeah, he's a talker. His old vids from Super Speeders are hilarious.

Buffgli

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GLI
Like the idea of Chris & Sabine, not sure about the third guy & his car association or skills behind the wheel. That looks like the debacle's recipe of Top Gear America, finding a funny (the comedian) car doing the job of car journalist / racer.

Chris Evans has been on top gear a few times. He's got quite the collection of cars, including a Ferrari 250 GTO. Genuine buff, I don't know driving wise how talented he his but he has quite the personality. I'm sure he and Harris will butt heads on their differences between cars. Evans is a Ferrari guy, Harris has a tendency to lean towards Porsche so it's basically Clarkson Vs Hammond all over again.

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
The presenters don't have any chemistry.

I respect Tanner Foust's driving credentials, and Rutledge Wood is a genuine car buff. Adam Ferrara is pure filler and the weakest character of the trio.

The writing for the show is terrible. They rehash ideas that were previously done on Top Gear UK, and it is even more scripted and less spontaneous than that show as well.

truth. I can't stand their chemistry. Tanner's a dick, Rutledge needs his own show and Ferrara is the wanna be comedian trying to bring in the NY attitude. Complete failure.