GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Chop Top GTI

8055WAGEN

Go Kart Champion
A Friend caught this on the highway.

Edit: he found it online, so I'm less excited.

IMG_20220225_112727.jpg

Last edited:

HelloNewman

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7
Whole new meaning to the term "rat rod" Between the grey paint and front windows that look like ears it looks like some kind of f**ked up cat toy.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
apparently chop top challenge is real thing. Like a gumball but with 24 hours of lemons cars. I'm not sure if Ed Roth is rolling in his grave or proud. Either way i want to do either this or lemons at some point now.

https://choptopchallenge.com/

View attachment 243581
It's been a thing for years, fun times.

Lemons is a great time too but the logistics make it hard, namely to find a team with money to blow on it. Costs add up as the cars need to have a cage and other things done to make it track worthy. Not to mention finding drivers who have race licenses and race suits. I've tried putting together a team a few times, everyone is in until you tell them the real world costs involved.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
It's been a thing for years, fun times.

Lemons is a great time too but the logistics make it hard, namely to find a team with money to blow on it. Costs add up as the cars need to have a cage and other things done to make it track worthy. Not to mention finding drivers who have race licenses and race suits. I've tried putting together a team a few times, everyone is in until you tell them the real world costs involved.
I've had the same problem for years. You tell people $500 cars and they instantly think it's just $500 spilt however many ways. As though roll cages just fall from the sky fabricated into a shitbox.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
I've had the same problem for years. You tell people $500 cars and they instantly think it's just $500 spilt however many ways. As though roll cages just fall from the sky fabricated into a shitbox.
Exactly. You need about 6 people with about $2k each all said and done