GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Choosing a Downpipe for CBFA...what to mod on the CCTA pipe

zwalk

Drag Race Newbie
I know this has been posted quite a bit here, I have read numerous posts and I thought I was understanding what I need to buy, now I'm somewhat confused.

I am looking at a godspeed Downpipe. Or the one I posted underneath it.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=171391009227

http://m.ebay.com/itm/261645169098?nav=SEARCH

I have a CBFA. I was under the impression initially that I will need an additional 02 bung but after further reading I was then thinking I would need 2 O2 bungs on the CBFA and one goes into the turbo housing...

Can someone clarify.

I also saw something about K04 issues with CBFA...that's the case that I need to add a 3rd bung correct?

My overall question is, if I buy a Godspeed pipe, what do I need to do to modify it to work for my CBFA. Weld a 02 bung on there? Or is it a spacer...

Thanks for any replies, sorry for asking a asked question I was getting more confused with some of the stuff I was reading.

I won't be going K04 for a while likely 2 years if at all. Just looking into stage 2

zwalk

Drag Race Newbie
I believe what I am reading is indicating to plug the top bung closest to the flange, and add a bung after one of the spots where the cat would be

My Flickr!

zwalk

Drag Race Newbie
Thanks man. I've been reading tons of shit but then someone explains it wrong or it's backwards and I'm like
[emoji95][emoji23][emoji379]

Yeah I've seen that pic probably should've just not over studied and looked at that

Would you guys imagine I'll need an adapter to mate it to my OEM CBE

My Flickr!

thumpr1

Ready to race!
Would you guys imagine I'll need an adapter to mate it to my OEM CBE

The mid pipe that comes with the down pipe is reduced at the end to fit the stock catback.

zwalk

Drag Race Newbie
Ah. I ended up getting a raceland so hopefully that's the same thing

My Flickr!

thumpr1

Ready to race!

Kyle@Unitronic

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
If you're looking for a Downpipe that is a guaranteed direct bolt-on with your CBFA engine, Our 3" Downpipe is designed for use with both the 2.0 TSI Gen2 CCTA and CBFA engine codes. No need to add a 3rd o2 sensor bung, as ours features proper o2 sensor placement and a 3rd provision for the CBFA PZEV engines. Additionally, our Downpipe includes a 76mm (3") to 60mm reducer to mate directly to the stock cat-back exhaust.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
you probably also need to modify your flange for CBFA if you are buying a Godpseed, the bolt pattern is slightly different. overall, its not worth all the headaches and you might as well just buy an SPM CBFA downpipe to begin with.

Buffgli

Ready to race!
You should be fine with any tsi downpipe if they don't ask you your engine code. The main difference for the CBFA and ccta is is that the CBFA has an O2 sensor on the turbo. The bolt up should be identical. My Eurojet came with a bung plug near the top of the pipe. However, if they do give you an option for engine type, put ccta on the order

zwalk

Drag Race Newbie
Thanks for the reply Kyle but I'm kind of on a budget, the Unitronic downpipe is likely out of that range. I don't believe I need to modify the flange on the Raceland, however if I do, I can

My Flickr!

kern417

Go Kart Champion
i think the modification is for fsi---> tsi fitment. the fsi pattern is slightly different, so most companies have 2 holes and 2 slots to accomodate for the slightly offset studs. if it's tsi downpipe then it'll fit both ccta and cbfa.

Kyle@Unitronic

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
Thanks for the reply Kyle but I'm kind of on a budget, the Unitronic downpipe is likely out of that range. I don't believe I need to modify the flange on the Raceland, however if I do, I can

My Flickr!

Feel free to give me a call if you'd like to discuss your options. I thought budgets were meant to flex a little eh? :thumbup:

kern417

Go Kart Champion
It is, just needs a bung

My Flickr!

if you're stock turbo i don't see why you'd need a bung. it's only when you go k04 that you lose the bung on the turbo and will need an extra one on the downpipe itself. maybe i'm missing something, but cbfa and ccta oem downpipes are the same.