GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Chipping?

untchablecs

Ready to race!
Ok I'm new to this forum and will be getting a gti in the next few months and have learned a ton from this fourm already but still have a question. I'm sure some of you will think this is a stupid question but I gotta ask.......whats the deal with putting "chips" in your car? What different chips are available and whats the difference between them? Do these chips void your warrenty?

untchablecs

Ready to race!
Come on people :) ......I know some of you can give me a brief idea of what these chips do.

blackmkv

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
VW GTI
The best single upgrade to the GTI is a software upgrade/chip. As for the best kind IDK but the top 3 used here in the states are GIAC, APR, and REVO. They provide higher boost, more fuel and advances your timing

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
Car(s)
UG GTI 2006
It used to be actually removing the computer chip and have it messed with. Now the term "chipping" refers to having a computer send software to your cars ECU.

Everyone has their own opinion on which is best, but they are all pretty similar.

I won't really comment on warranty because only your dealer can really tell you what the real deal is. Technically it voids the warranty, but that isn't usally the actual case.

mk1-fan

Drag Race Newbie
I have Revo on my GTI, and am extremely impressed. At a recent top speed event (1km), I was quicker than a S2000 and a Nissan 350Z. At a recent dyno day it made 202hp at the wheels and 343nm.