GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

chip operation

jltx

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm curious to know the exact mechanism of interacting with the new ECU software. I know that you wiggle the cruise stalk in some way to switch programs. Can someone elucidate? What feedback do you get that everything is working? Can you switch with the car running?

Also, with the security lockout, do you set a password and it locks everything? When you want to unlock it, is there any feedback the you have either entered the wrong password or succeeded? :help:

maperry123

Ready to race!
you can not switch ecu programs while the car is running. after you switch programs by holding the set button and watching the check engine lights change blinking sequences in different intervals, you must turn of the car for at least 10 seconds. when you turn the ignition to the on position the check engine and EPC lights will blink on and off. after blinking stops then you can turn back on the car. This is for the APR direct port chip.

As for the security lockout, to activate the lockout you will turn the ignition to the on position and hold the resume button until the EPC and check engine lights blink. to turn the security lockout off you will enter the access code by pushing "set" and "resume" to enter your code. you will know you did it right when the check engine and EPC lights blink. Hope that help.

jltx

Passed Driver's Ed
maperry123 said:
you can not switch ecu programs while the car is running. after you switch programs by holding the set button and watching the check engine lights change blinking sequences in different intervals, you must turn of the car for at least 10 seconds. when you turn the ignition to the on position the check engine and EPC lights will blink on and off. after blinking stops then you can turn back on the car. This is for the APR direct port chip.

As for the security lockout, to activate the lockout you will turn the ignition to the on position and hold the resume button until the EPC and check engine lights blink. to turn the security lockout off you will enter the access code by pushing "set" and "resume" to enter your code. you will know you did it right when the check engine and EPC lights blink. Hope that help.

Yes, thanks! Now if you enter the wrong code, what happens? Do the idicator lights blink a different way to let you know it failed (I hope not)? Can someone try and see? How long is the code? Assume for a minute that it is 4 digits. If you realize you messed up the second digit, can you just start again, that is, it just takes the last 4 that are correct?

Thanks again for the help.

cmcm

Drag Racing Champion
wrong code it appears nothing happened!!! the code is for unauthorized person tries to switch the program, for examples: the dealer will definitely hold the set button and see if your cars is chipped!!Means, when they hold on to the set button and the lights are not blinking, actually the car is chipped, the only way to find out is put the code in, thats extra $59 in APR, it's pretty useful to me, i just went to dealer this morning!!!!