GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Child seat questions

John/Cue\Publik

Speed>stance
Car(s)
2007 Rabbit
As of a week ago I have 3 kids. Fortunately I've found they can all be stuffed in the back of my MKV and WRX though some more space would be welcome which brings me to the actual question. My 2 year old son is in something like the 92nd growth percentile. He's 42lbs of solid muscle and tall. I've noticed he appears to be entirely too big for the car seat suggested for his age. Would it be safe to move him on to a booster seat designed for a 4 year old given he is the size of one but not the age? Whats the law look like in this situation?

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G Shift using Tapatalk

ASCI_Blue

Ballin'
pain in the ass question to deal with, but been there as well. my daughter is the same way and we decided to bite the bullet and put her in a booster at age 3.5 iirc. I dare to say the law is pretty fascist when it comes to this and says that we are wrong for using the incorrect seat. that said too much seat can be just as bad as too little seat.

08BlkGTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
I would just find a booster seat that is designed for your sons height and weight. Each car seat has different restrictions based on the design.

My son was way to tall for his car seat, but wasn't quite heavy enough for the booster. I put him in the booster seat anyway. He wasn't very comfortable in the car seat because the straps were digging into his shoulders.

John/Cue\Publik

Speed>stance
Car(s)
2007 Rabbit
I think I might call up the Washington State Patrol with this question and see if I can get a straight answer. I have an extra booster seat since have seats for both cars for the older kids so I'll give that a try. My son is taller than the back of his current seat at 2.5 as well as over the 40lb limit

jimithing412

Common Sense Is A Myth
Car(s)
07' 5dr GTI
My kid is the same way, all these kids are growing to be giants. Must be in the food.

:word:

it's why girl's are starting to Menstruate and develop breasts as early as 10. Hormones in the food fuck up the natural growth cycle. Also why most guys nowadays are all saying "Girl's didn't look like they do now when I was that age"

John/Cue\Publik

Speed>stance
Car(s)
2007 Rabbit
I'm pretty on top of keeping the kids to a fairly organic diet. My 5 year old daughter is average and my newborn is extremely small but healthy. But yeah my son is on his way to being a future NFL linebacker. He's got a wicked fast motabolism.