GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat19: 10k Posts Achieved In Revived Dead Thread

Former Honda Guy

Autocross Newbie
Not bad. Getting in the territory where youll need to consider some drop in rods too

For sure. I want to shoot for 500 at the wheels, but that's a tall order for an EA113; even a built one. I'm lying, I really want 600, but that's like a fully built race block and head from IE plus a bunch of fueling stuff that needs upgraded and dialed in (LPFP, injectors and possible fuel rail?). Oh, I've also heard of folks having balance shaft issues at the >500 power levels. Sooooo......stage 3 is going to require some planning and savings. Ouch.

I've heard the EA113 in the mk6 R is buffed up a bit and can handle about 450 at the crank before things start to get squirrley with engine internals. Does that sound about right?

Former Honda Guy

Autocross Newbie
I've found some underbody bracing that I'm interested in. I'm trying to avoid Unibracing or TyrolSporting the rear trunk space because I want to retain hatch practicality. So there will be trade-offs. Likely gonna go with the YCW Aeris coils, but BC Racing is still in contention. I'll be DIY-ing some TT-RS LCA (rear) bushings, PowerFlex LCA (fronts), and the dead set kit for the subframes. Might get camber arms for the rear wheels, too.
DO IT!! All those mods have made my car insane. It now turns in every bit as fast as my rsx did which is crazy for a car that weighs at least 600 lbs more than the rsx did. Don't be afraid of the subframe mount upgrades. Jay and Carson dropped in the VWR top and bottom ones in my car and there's no extra NVH. Large impacts are pretty harsh, but if you can handle that, they really pull everything together. Shifting at WOT is every bit as smooth as just cruising around town.

I understand wanting to keep the hatch clear, but the TyrolSport brace is pretty epic. The rear follows the front of the car which really upped my level of confidence when diving into a corner. (I've got two child seats in the back so admittedly the fold down seats are pretty useless for me right now anyway.)

torga

Autocross Champion
DO IT!! All those mods have made my car insane. It now turns in every bit as fast as my rsx did which is crazy for a car that weighs at least 600 lbs more than the rsx did. Don't be afraid of the subframe mount upgrades. Jay and Carson dropped in the VWR top and bottom ones in my car and there's no extra NVH. Large impacts are pretty harsh, but if you can handle that, they really pull everything together. Shifting at WOT is every bit as smooth as just cruising around town.

I understand wanting to keep the hatch clear, but the TyrolSport brace is pretty epic. The rear follows the front of the car which really upped my level of confidence when diving into a corner. (I've got two child seats in the back so admittedly the fold down seats are pretty useless for me right now anyway.)
Right now, I'm running APR's pendulum with 034's upper/billet subframe mount inserts - it's a world of difference between my old ECS poly insert and stock pendulum. Shifting is so smooth and precise now, especially reverse; I no longer have to feather the throttle so much when in R. The 034 pieces are a stop gap for when I eventually buy myself the VWR kit. I just wanna drop the subframe once - VWR mount, TyrolSport dead set and front ARB all at once.
Can't wait to have a little go kart! These coils are garbage, but my rear ARB is doing a lot of work so the car still feels darty. Can't wait to get some refreshed mounts in there too. That'll be the biggest chunk of money I'll spend on the car on far.

Former Honda Guy

Autocross Newbie
Right now, I'm running APR's pendulum with 034's upper/billet subframe mount inserts - it's a world of difference between my old ECS poly insert and stock pendulum. Shifting is so smooth and precise now, especially reverse; I no longer have to feather the throttle so much when in R. The 034 pieces are a stop gap for when I eventually buy myself the VWR kit. I just wanna drop the subframe once - VWR mount, TyrolSport dead set and front ARB all at once.
Can't wait to have a little go kart! These coils are garbage, but my rear ARB is doing a lot of work so the car still feels darty. Can't wait to get some refreshed mounts in there too. That'll be the biggest chunk of money I'll spend on the car on far.
Ah, got it! It’s gonna be sweeeet!

uglybastard

Autocross Champion

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I already got butterflies

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Any recommendations for wipes or spray for good leather seats/interior? Thank you

Very nice, the mounts and what not will make the car feel much better (y)

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
For sure. I want to shoot for 500 at the wheels, but that's a tall order for an EA113; even a built one. I'm lying, I really want 600, but that's like a fully built race block and head from IE plus a bunch of fueling stuff that needs upgraded and dialed in (LPFP, injectors and possible fuel rail?). Oh, I've also heard of folks having balance shaft issues at the >500 power levels. Sooooo......stage 3 is going to require some planning and savings. Ouch.

I've heard the EA113 in the mk6 R is buffed up a bit and can handle about 450 at the crank before things start to get squirrley with engine internals. Does that sound about right?
Oh you're aspirational. 500 at the wheels is difficult. 420 is what I'm guessing from that turbo unless you do a bunch of fueling.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
I've found some underbody bracing that I'm interested in. I'm trying to avoid Unibracing or TyrolSporting the rear trunk space because I want to retain hatch practicality. So there will be trade-offs. Likely gonna go with the YCW Aeris coils, but BC Racing is still in contention. I'll be DIY-ing some TT-RS LCA (rear) bushings, PowerFlex LCA (fronts), and the dead set kit for the subframes. Might get camber arms for the rear wheels, too.
It takes all of 3 seconds to unbolt my TyrolSport bracing

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I've got a stage 2 tyrolsport I need to sell. Haven't really wanted to ship it, but I could figure it out I think.