GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat19: 10k Posts Achieved In Revived Dead Thread

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
So the tig's intake manifold warranty work is done. The actuator was popping out causing all the issues.. crusty carbon was removed with walnut blasting. Glad I made friends with people who happen to work at local vw place.

Saturdead forums tho

torga

Autocross Champion
What uglybastard said, wow. You gotta swing by the doc, man. ASAP.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Looking for good suggestions for a secret santa gift for someone at work. I am awful at gift giving. preferably something on amazon, under $20.

torga

Autocross Champion
Looking for good suggestions for a secret santa gift for someone at work. I am awful at gift giving. preferably something on amazon, under $20.
What do you know about the person? Any potential hints?

GolNat

Autocross Champion
they're a lot like me, into tinkering and such. they like coffee and most things related to cooking.

Have they tried cold brewing? Makes for a super smooth cup of coffee!

GolNat

Autocross Champion
That sounds like you made good time. That looked like a nightmare to me but I have never pulled an engine before!!

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Well the motor swap for the cc is done, just over 12 hours start to finish

Wow on the finger....get that looked at, or clean it and put some ointment and cover it ASAP (which the doctor will probably do anyways)

Just curious, and only if you want to share, how much did you charge to do that engine swap?

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Wow on the finger....get that looked at, or clean it and put some ointment and cover it ASAP (which the doctor will probably do anyways)

Just curious, and only if you want to share, how much did you charge to do that engine swap?
I had some Neosporin on it wrapped up all day yesterday. Think it needs to scab up now so I'm leaving it open today. The swelling went down a lot. I'll wait until I think it's falling off to go to a dr.

$1250

torga

Autocross Champion
they're a lot like me, into tinkering and such. they like coffee and most things related to cooking.
If they like brewing themselves, get them an AeroPress. I keep one at work and just grind a few days' worth of beans at a time, so I've always got a good cup of coffee in the office. They're in the $30-35 range and they're so good. I take mine camping, too - they're so easy to clean.

Well the motor swap for the cc is done, just over 12 hours start to finish
Man, I didn't know a motor swap could be done that quickly. Nice job!

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
see ideas below
What do you know about the person? Any potential hints?
In4deets
*Small bag of coffee and a new coffee cup .

*Lodge™ cast iron pan
https://www.amazon.com/Lodge-Square...eywords=lodge+cast+iron&qid=1575906346&sr=8-7

*Personalized cup/mug glass

*Spices gift set

*Fannie May™ pixes chocolates