GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

checked cam follower after 10k

Duster117

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Subaru
Only other thing I can think of is which fuel filter do you have? And I wonder if the lpfp isn't performing at what it should and the hpfp is trying to compensate

Sent from my flip phone

Duster117

Ready to race!
Only other thing I can think of is which fuel filter do you have? And I wonder if the lpfp isn't performing at what it should and the hpfp is trying to compensate

Sent from my flip phone

Hmm never thought of that. I haven't changed the fuel filter yet. And I dont know if the previous owner did ether. Can I log the low pressure side with vagcom?

Car(s)
Subaru
Hmm never thought of that. I haven't changed the fuel filter yet. And I dont know if the previous owner did ether. Can I log the low pressure side with vagcom?

just follow the logs on aprs site for fueling and see what happening. but do you know if its the 6.6bar filter? it should say on the side of it

lol... why am I the only one giggling at this lolol

Thanks for the new sig haha

:wink:

flat tire

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Electric + 135i
Something's wrong. On a stock hpfp with good oil the follower should be able to go quite a bit longer without much wear.

After I switched to 5w-40 turbo diesel / rotella T6 my last follower with 30K+ still has DLC over the entire face. The previous follower (before good oil) also had 30K and the DLC in the center was worn off. I'm stock HPFP and run the motor hard.

Duster117

Ready to race!
It looks oem, but it says 6.4bar on the "in" side.

Duster117

Ready to race!
Could it be because I was using 10w40 instead of 5w40 oil?

flat tire

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Electric + 135i
Could it be because I was using 10w40 instead of 5w40 oil?

I don't think the weight is as important as

-fully synthetic
-zinc additives
-additives to neutralize bad stuff from blowby

turbo diesel oil usually hits all these on the head.

Duster117

Ready to race!
Measuring block 103. Before start up it says 5.8bar. At idle its 4.6
Ill do a log when I can

Duster117

Ready to race!
Just logged lpfp fuel pressure. At 1800 rpm it started at 4.99bar and tapered down to 4.45bar at 6800rpm
Can someone please log yours and see if its close to mine. Its block 103

Edit. Also the duty cycle at 1800 was 63.1% tapered up to 89 at 3900 and stayed at 91.8 the rest of the way up. This sounds high to me but I dont have anything else to go by

Duster117

Ready to race!
Here's the log