GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Chassis rubbing on axle??

08EmKayFive

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08 gti
I recently got my fk highsports installed (3 weeks ago) and about 4 days after the install I started noticing wierd squeaking/rubber rubbing noises. It was getting pretty loud so I took it in today. He said supposedly the noise is from my chassis is rubbing on my axle so he raised it up a bit. He said its cause I was too low but the thing is, I'm not even low! And after reading around, people that had this issue were slammed.. Like 23.5 ftg with no helper springs. I'm not sure what my ftg is but my coils have all the hardware in and have 4 threads left in the front and back. What do you think about this?

FaLLeNAn9eL

JESUS HATES FLAT TIRE
So you read around and you knew that it was an issue with being slammed. Was the information about what you can do about it like, I don't know...frame notch, or did you just make this thread to brag about how low you were?

08EmKayFive

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08 gti
So you read around and you knew that it was an issue with being slammed. Was the information about what you can do about it like, I don't know...frame notch, or did you just make this thread to brag about how low you were?

I'm not low though! I still have wheel gap lol

freshslate

Constant
sar08, you might want to check out how low you actually are.

because i have the exact same coils as you, and i'm at 24.4ftg. i tuck tire, and don't have that axle rubbing issue that you have. so something is definitely out of wack here

08EmKayFive

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08 gti
sar08, you might want to check out how low you actually are.

because i have the exact same coils as you, and i'm at 24.4ftg. i tuck tire, and don't have that axle rubbing issue that you have. so something is definitely out of wack here

See I think the guy installed them incorrectly and is just blaming it on that cause he couldnt find the problem

poonpower

Ready to race!
Im at 24 after putting on the Lexus 18s on, and its definitely hitting the passenger side. Before when I had my winters on, I was a little lower, and I didnt hit axles as often as now. The Lexus wheels are HEAVY though, so prolly thats why

T0neyDanza

Banned
Car(s)
2007 4 door GTI
How about you put the fucking car in the air and look at the passenger side frame rail. If it looks worn then that's your issue. Instead of guesstimating what FTG's and shit are just fucking look at it.

08EmKayFive

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08 gti
How about you put the fucking car in the air and look at the passenger side frame rail. If it looks worn then that's your issue. Instead of guesstimating what FTG's and shit are just fucking look at it.

Calm down.

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion

But seriously, in a much more nonconfrontational way pretty much what this guy said. Its pretty easy to check. But like mobbin said, its a pretty significant metal on metal clunk. Not a squeek at all.

T0neyDanza

Banned
Car(s)
2007 4 door GTI

But seriously, in a much more nonconfrontational way pretty much what this guy said. Its pretty easy to check. But like mobbin said, its a pretty significant metal on metal clunk. Not a squeek at all.

Very little sleep last night, and needed to rant on post for the :attention_whore:

08EmKayFive

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08 gti

Thanks man!

freshslate

Constant
sar08, seriously though, go out and measure your ftg, and go under the car to check it out yourself. dont be a lazy ass and expect online people to hold your hand in everything

08EmKayFive

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08 gti
sar08, seriously though, go out and measure your ftg, and go under the car to check it out yourself. dont be a lazy ass and expect online people to hold your hand in everything

My ftg is at 24.5

I looked and everything looks good, the noise is coming from the top hat of the coilover. So problem wasn't what he said it was.

Last edited: