GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Charge pipes for K04

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
I keep popping couplings on the stock charge pipes, they may just be getting worn out. I was looking at the Neuspeed pipes, are they worthwhile, is there another brand that's doing it better? Will they work with a APR K04 and a EJ FMIC?

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Are the alloy ends worn? Seems they must be...or the clips are. What are you seeing?
Forge has a set of hoses for $200'ish, but it includes a throttle body hose.
Or is the problem just the turbo outlet pipe is letting go of the hot side hose?
Not 100% clear on what the problem is.

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
Hot side is fine, its using the APR turbo muffler delete hose going into the stock alloy pipe.

On the cold side I have a forge TB coupler connected to a S3 charge pipe and that is connected to a Eurojet intercooler coupler. Things were fine for years but I seem to be popping hoses off either end of the charge pipe.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
Why would you cut off the rolled edges, are the neuspeed pipes too long?

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
No...not too long. I was talking to someone at the track back then, who did race builds here locally. I cannot remember who now (could've been someone at Techtonics as they are just twenty minutes away), but he mentioned he always removes beads on the ends of pipes. Both intakes and boost pipes for smoother transitions between pipe and hose. I thought "doesn't this make it easier to have leaks?" I might have even asked. Anyhow, I went out and cut the beads from the intake and the cold-side throttle body pipe. Adding good clamps and no leaks as of yet. Whether or not it is helpful? I doubted it then and still do...but it is easier to slide the hoses and hose couplers to them. My turbo outlet-to-intercooler pipe is another I modified. I cut off the pinched upper portion and added a 45° hose. This is the only connection where I use an OE like coupler...which was supplied by Forge, at the end of the red hose.
35318011520_0ccca8a1b9_o.jpg

Last edited:

BurgerGuy

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'07 K04 GTI
The Neuspeed charge pipes are a great choice. Am using both with my K04.

Since the APR K04 has a modified outlet on the cold side you'll likely need to use Neuspeed's K03 turbo outlet pipe so that it lines up with APR's plumbing.

Finder

Ready to race!

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
I am using an APR K04, they eliminated the muffler and have a hose that connects between their outlet and the OEM K03 pipe. In order to use a larger diameter pipe I would have to figure out some custom pipe that will work with APR's outlet.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
You can use a transition elbow hose. I cut my K03 pipe at a point to match the AWE outlet and used a 45° Vibrant elbow. But Vibrant make transition elbows. Just need to know the size you need for whichever outlet pipe you select. Their site shows the same pic for all sizes but they have transitions for differences of 1/4" to 3/4" end to end.
https://vibrantperformance.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=1073_1141_1634