GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Chainsaws

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I have a Stihl MS362 with 18” & 25” bars. It’s an absolute animal (4.6hp). Only reason being we heated our house, shop, and domestic water with a outdoor wood furnace when we lived in Ohio.

With that said it’s way overkill for a typical home owner saw, but their entire product line is very high quality. My dad has a pair of smaller Stihl saws 25+ years old we still use pretty regularly.
DC2633FC-06C4-4635-AB2D-B613387AFB70.jpeg
DB1E7F01-8D0A-4079-8547-088C1A2647A3.jpeg

3rdOne

Go Kart Champion
I recently got a Dewalt cordless chainsaw. Really nice and like the OP just use it for light maintenance in the woods. If you don't need extended run time, electric makes a lot of sense, gas can be a hassle. I would borrow my neighbors gas saw and spend more time trying to start it than using it.

D.Gage

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Gti
I recently got a Dewalt cordless chainsaw. Really nice and like the OP just use it for light maintenance in the woods. If you don't need extended run time, electric makes a lot of sense, gas can be a hassle. I would borrow my neighbors gas saw and spend more time trying to start it than using it.
What size did you get?

peteswede

Car(s)
2018 gti
I bought 2.8 acres of semi wooded land with plans to build a house. Asked around for saw tips from coworkers and bought a new Stihl ms250 with am 18"bar. Fantastic saw. Light enough to use for hours and some limbing, just big enough to cut down my biggest trees.

But of course I ended up with a Husqvarna rancher 460 with a 20" bar and a little (old and free) top handle jonesered 14" since one is never enough.

I'd totally be good with just the one Stihl and would recommend. I put a 16" bar and a modded muffler and it absolutely rips now.

Good luck.

I'd agree that battery saws are great for small limbing, maintenance, and easier to start but I already have other 2 stroke stuff and like carbs so that's me.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
if you go gas/2 stroke only mix 1 gallon at a time and add Stabil to it. If you don't use it after 6-9 months run it through lawn mower or something. Two stroke engines can be fussy about the fuel

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
if you go gas/2 stroke only mix 1 gallon at a time and add Stabil to it. If you don't use it after 6-9 months run it through lawn mower or something. Two stroke engines can be fussy about the fuel
Correct. Had to change two carbs this weekend.