GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Center vent rattles

707Stang

I'm Hella From Nor*Cal
So, this weekend after almost 2 years of incessant rattles and other annoyances from my dash I got around to digging into it. First I found my Sunload sensor connector tabs were busted off☹️. Then I found that two of the 3 screws that hold the upper vent in place were missing. Then I found that all but three of the radio bezel trim clips were busted off, then I found the hack that the pro took the car to for a sub install left the high low converter just sitting behind the dash with no wrapping. The upper vent control bezel had about 1/8 inch up and down play. All of which contributed to a concerto of crap.

The high low converter got wrapped in foam wrap.
The bezel clips were hot glued in.
The upper vent was screwed in, properly.
The air flow control bezel got foam tape and so did the grille.

Road tested and............

SUCCESS! It's like a new car ??

clownish

just clowning around
Car(s)
VWs
That's amazing. Every time you touch interior panels I feel like some clips break. I just bought about $100 worth of new interior panels to fix some rattles of my own!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

707Stang

I'm Hella From Nor*Cal
That's amazing. Every time you touch interior panels I feel like some clips break. I just bought about $100 worth of new interior panels to fix some rattles of my own!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope the rattles were fixed for you

Dude I was fixin to pull the trigger on an ecs cubby, then I had my "experience " kick in. I hate breaking shit. But again I was the interior guy in one of my past jobs sooo...I have just all trim tools for these fking things. Haha