GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Center channel speaker install

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
I installed my Alpine center channel and my indash and my amp wiring and my sat radio and my gps antenna and my wife forced me to paint some rooms in the house.........I am tired. I will get some better pics tomorrow.

So if you want to do the dash be careful. The lower stereo surround could definately snap on you if you are not careful. There are hidden screw in the top air vent and two that hold the top part of the bottom part of the stereo surround. Basically if you do not have much experiance dont do this install. The plastic will mark easily if you use metal tools to pry on the dash. Use some plastic ones like I did. I hard wired my radio sinc ethe wire harness I picked up was for Volkswagen.....wait this is a volkswagen. Anyway it kinda reminded me of the BMW harness and there are two antennas that go into the back of the radio with connections similar to the dedicated sat tuners. I do not listen to radio so I didn't bother. Funny thing is I am still picking up radio....oh well. The dash kit is a Metra kit....same one you see on some other posts. I will post the model number later so you can all try to get it from Metra or through your local shops instead of paying $40 like I did online. The amount of sound deadening in this car under the carpet is crazy. Anyway I am tired and going to bed....