GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Center Air Vent Creak

HACBassoon

Go Kart Champion
It seems that my center air vent (the one on top, that I never use) is rattling more and more lately, as it has turned cold. It's not really a rattle, like metal on metal, its more of a creak, like plastic on plastic. Anyone else have this problem, or know how to fix it? It's getting unbearable, as I can now hear it over my music. :mad0259:

NastyCandyMKV

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2006 GTI DSG
I've noticed this as well especially over the winter. I used to use this vent for my A/C so its not blowing directly on my face. The only fix I'm aware of is to install the Euro Dash Tray.

sk8chip98

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV
I think that there is a DIY on here or on the Tex....... I'll see if I can find it..

tibimakai

Passed Driver's Ed
I believe that it's a TSB for this issue. I have it too and soon I'm going in for the 5k and I will let them know about it.

NastyCandyMKV

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2006 GTI DSG
Anyone have a link to the DIY??? I've also read that if you can't install the dash tray on a climatronic since you'd have to remove a temp sensor under the vent.

R Usagi

" Say Uncle "
Car(s)
'07 UG 2 Door
The dealership fixed mine at my 5K check up, no questions asked, it had just started rattling then. No rattle now, but it has only been 1000 miles since the fix. Seriously use the dealer to fix it instead of doing it yourself. The warranty is part of the purchase of the car, why waste it. Now if they dont fix it after a time or two attempting it, then go the DIY route.

vlkswgnbgmn66

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Fahrenheit GTI #473
rattle

SEARCH IS YOUR FRIEND

I just searched "dash rattle" and found this. I've tried it and it works.

R Usagi

" Say Uncle "
Car(s)
'07 UG 2 Door
Sweet Fix !

MC.R

best place to buy dash tray? i'm assuming this can be done but if i put the dash tray in can i always revert back to the vent easily?

McCrash_mkv

Pre-Tuned in Deutschland
Car(s)
08 UG GTI Euro Spec
here you have the DIY you've requested...looks really logical to stick anything elastic there...cause it'll absorb all the ratlles and creaks...better than a piece of guitar damn thing..IMO.

I'll definetly do it...cause I'm getting the damn rattle..now even in good road conditions.

doctorgonzo

Anti-spin doctor
Seriously use the dealer to fix it instead of doing it yourself. The warranty is part of the purchase of the car, why waste it. Now if they dont fix it after a time or two attempting it, then go the DIY route.

A lot of people with mods (me included) avoid the dealership like the PLAGUE after initial purchase. It's nerve racking every time you have to take it in, knowing they'll be looking at the car closely...

DIY's FTW! :happyanim:

Chris