GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Celebrating Thanksgiving with.....no one? What are you gonna do?

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I have a nice ten day paid vacation from my aviation job so my in-laws (who are awesome btw, not the typical eye roll there) are coming for the first half and my dad for the second half.

I’ll be doing a hot sauce infused deep fried turkey so of course there will be beers or possibly some Jack while supervising the bird. If it’s nice out we’ll set up the bounce house for our kids, but unfortunately none of their cousins will be around.

My birthday falls on thanksgiving this year so that’s a plus and a minus since I’ll be 30. Our daughters birthday is right after mine so a trip to Great Wolf lodge or maybe just a local hotel with a pool is on the potential list of things to do if it’s too cold for hiking (we have some good parks in just about every direction). Also looking at one last trip to the Zoo so plenty of options.

To wrap up the vacation I’ve contacted about about a dozen people for a organized trip to the Back of the Dragon, which I’m leaning towards December 3rd for. The wife wasn’t in a good mood when I brought it up so it’s not finalized yet, but I’m hoping she’ll be ready to get me out of the house by the end 😂

sandmangti

Autocross Newbie
Technology.
Use it to communicate with family.
Face time to good old phone talk.
Make a funny video wishing well.
Open presents and share the experience.
I think the two of you need a sunrise GTI/R drive to a good hiking place. Long walk and take along breakfast. Then a long drive home. Movies and cooking in afternoon. Talk to family. Eat then a drive after dark to look at Christmas lights. Pick up coffee or hot chocolate or take along. Then relax, watch a movie then off to bed as you got up with the sun. Cherish the day as hopefully next year it will be busy again and you will miss this time. Enjoy the moment. Do not worry about what one might or might not be missing.

Some of my best memories are an early morning pheasant hunt till early afternoon, afternoon meal that Mom cooked followed by football and movies. I remember them more now as little did I know at 19 years old I would loose my Mom to cancer. Cherish the time as we never know. Live in the day.

My Dad was in the Army till I was 16 so my family unit was it most years. Small is good. Big family meals are great but never wish for other things. Enjoy those in front of you. They likely mean the most in your life.

Last edited:

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
This was our Thanksgiving dinner. It was just my parents, GF, and me at my parents house.. My GF is vegan so the top three dishes are vegan. The turkey and ham is for my dad and me. The vegan dishes are actually pretty good and filling. The issue I have with vegan food is that it isn't very filling.

TG dinner.JPG