GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CEL P2293

BoTcH

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 GTI
I have this annoying P2293 - Fuel Pressure Regulator Valve (N276): Mechanical Malfunction. (this is from the generic OBD reader that I have, I don't have a vag-com). The code is intermittent, sometimes, it goes off, and then comes back on.

After doing some search, I read that the fault is related to the cam follower, and most (if not all) people experience power loss. I inspected the cam follower, and it seemed perfectly fine, but since I had the replacement already, I put in the new cam follower.
Another thing is that I don't experience any power loss, I don't feel any fuel cuts. The car runs perfectly fine. It's just that annoying fault code.

I thought maybe the fuel filter is bad, I replaced it, and still having the same fault code.
Could it be the sensor on the HPFP going bad? or the regulator on the fuel rail? LP pump?
I don't want to start replacing things that are working fine going in wrong directions.

BoTcH

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 GTI
Doing more research on this, everything points towards either the LP sensor on the HPFP, if not then is might be the LP pump.
Some also say that it might be the HP sensor on the intake manifold. Even though I doubt it.
I think i might start with LP sensor and replace it.

BoTcH

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 GTI
This code of death is driving me crazy!
I checked the fuel lines, they looked fine to me. I changed the following in chronological order.
-Fuel filter
-Low pressure fuel sensor (The one located on the HPFP)
-Low pressure fuel pump (The delivery unit located inside the tank)

I pretty much replaced all the parts that are related to the low pressure, and as far as I know this code is caused by the ECU reading below the low pressure threshold for the fuel.

Any idea, or corrections to the above? even though it's not impacting the drivability of the car, it's still annoying seeing the CEL and knowing that something is wrong with the car.

P.S. Sometimes I feel like the car jerks a bit when moving from a stationary position, however, I still don't experience any fuel cuts. Also the car is (MAYBE) taking a bit of time to crank, but I never had trouble starting it and honestly I don't think it's significantly long enough to be an issue .

Janosseres

I have this annoying P2293 - Fuel Pressure Regulator Valve (N276): Mechanical Malfunction. (this is from the generic OBD reader that I have, I don't have a vag-com). The code is intermittent, sometimes, it goes off, and then comes back on.

After doing some search, I read that the fault is related to the cam follower, and most (if not all) people experience power loss. I inspected the cam follower, and it seemed perfectly fine, but since I had the replacement already, I put in the new cam follower.
Another thing is that I don't experience any power loss, I don't feel any fuel cuts. The car runs perfectly fine. It's just that annoying fault code.

I thought maybe the fuel filter is bad, I replaced it, and still having the same fault code.
Could it be the sensor on the HPFP going bad? or the regulator on the fuel rail? LP pump?
I don't want to start replacing things that are working fine going in wrong directions.
Same here!
Replaced hp sensor on fuel rail and hp regulator RS4 and fuel filter.
The code P2293 still there!!!!!!!!!!!!

707Stang

I'm Hella From Nor*Cal
But have you checked your wiring?