GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CEL, code P0299

mose6161

OUT OF COMMISION
Car(s)
MK5 GTI
so my car threw a CEL. took it to my friends shop, scanned it with the scan tool, got the code P0299; turbocharger is under boosting.

anyone had this code? should i be shopping for a new diverter valve?

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus

spongebobnopants

Ready to race!
so my car threw a CEL. took it to my friends shop, scanned it with the scan tool, got the code P0299; turbocharger is under boosting.

anyone had this code? should i be shopping for a new diverter valve?

What SW/Mode/etc... what was the frequency number? When did/does it happen?

mose6161

OUT OF COMMISION
Car(s)
MK5 GTI
got on it on the highway, downshifted to 4th, looked down at my tacometer, and saw the CEL for the first time.

it's been 1000's of miles since i got my catback, and at least 500 since i last took the engine cover off.

my friend suggested it was my noise pipe delete. but the thing is i've had that rubber plug in there for 10K miles and i've never had a problem. He-Man himself couldn't get that plug to budge.

Taking it into my dealer (the one where i bought the car) thursday. hope i can take care of this problem fast because i have to drive to New york city on saturday and then to western NY (south of buffalo) on Sunday.

i'm not too sure, but i don't think i should be driving with a boost leak.

i don't know anything about the code, i was lucky to have a friend who had a scan tool to begin with.

mose6161

OUT OF COMMISION
Car(s)
MK5 GTI
so my appointment with VW isn't til tomorrow, but i can definitely notice a decrease in performance. it feels like i'm in stock mode when i'm really in 93 octane apr stage 1. in 2nd gear at 3K rpm i can hear the turbo spooling like i'm flooring the car.

VWBrookings

I through the same code the other day. Checked my Dv Valve and My a3 Air pipe upgrade. Also all the pipes from the turbo discharge to the throttle body. No leaks. Unhooked the battery and the code has not come on since.
By the way if you have the apr tuning when you unhook your battery you still retain the tune. I am stage 2 APR

bcze1

You people make me laugh
By the way if you have the apr tuning when you unhook your battery you still retain the tune.

Of course you do. Why wouldn't you? If you didn't that would mean that your stock programming would also be lost when the battery is disconnected. I doubt VW would design it that way.

jhardy06

htwlz baby
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
mine just threw this code earlier bc i didnt put my noise pipe back on right and it blowed off. would clearing the code stop the problem? if not ill just leave it and take it to the dealer in the morning