GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CBD/Hemp Oil users

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
So, recently Ohio passed a law making CBD, and all hemp oil products, illegal to sell or posses. Starting 9/8/2018. This is unfortunate, as CBD oil has helped myself and many I know with a multitude of health issues ranging from high BP to seizures. I am personally referring to CBD oil as a miracle supplement. It seems like it cured whatever the individual was taking it for. Making me a believer and firm supporter of it's availability. I had high BP my whole life, I was born with hypertension. Well, that's gone now and my BP has been normal like yours for months now. I had horrible anxiety attacks that would cause me to black out, haven't had one in months. I used to have insomnia and wake up between 2-3AM every single night, I now sleep till my 5:30 alarm. In short, it works, and it's great, and everyone should have free access to it.

For the record, CBD oil has zero THC in it. People that have taken CBD oil for years can pass your standard pee test without incident. I was curious if others on here have similar stories with CBD or know of someone who is currently using it. As it sits, I will now be illegally purchasing and importing CBD oil into my state :rolleyes:

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Interesting... I didn't even know it was legal in Ohio to begin with. My buddy from Washington gives his dog CBD oil in treats since she tore her ACL and is too old to justify surgery with a 40% success rate. He says it's the only thing that allows her to walk without a limp, and after he started giving her the treats she can run and play like nothing ever happened. I'm all for it. And here I was, thinking they were starting the conversation about legalizing THC for medical/recreational use... Guess we are moving backwards now

Edit: I just read an article about this - looks like its still going to be sold, just only by medical dispensaries and probably prescription only. Too bad theres no dispensaries anywhere

Last edited:

Chad13762

Go Kart Champion
My mother-in-law is victim of quickly accelerating Parkinson's, and is on a regimen consisting of handfuls of prescription meds every day. My wife talked her in to going to a dispensary and trying CBD (she doesn't even drink, so getting her to go was a big push.) I know she tried it, but don't know if it provided a benefit, or if she has continued to use it. I need to follow up with my wife to find out.

Regardless, I think CBD should be available to those that see a benefit (real or perceived.)

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
My mother-in-law is victim of quickly accelerating Parkinson's, and is on a regimen consisting of handfuls of prescription meds every day. My wife talked her in to going to a dispensary and trying CBD (she doesn't even drink, so getting her to go was a big push.) I know she tried it, but don't know if it provided a benefit, or if she has continued to use it. I need to follow up with my wife to find out.

Regardless, I think CBD should be available to those that see a benefit (real or perceived.)
I agree!

Let us know what she experienced! I am curious. I have a friend who gives it to her dog for sever seizures, I know they have lessened in severity and frequency. The vet actually recommended it. Which surprised me.

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
Interesting... I didn't even know it was legal in Ohio to begin with. My buddy from Washington gives his dog CBD oil in treats since she tore her ACL and is too old to justify surgery with a 40% success rate. He says it's the only thing that allows her to walk without a limp, and after he started giving her the treats she can run and play like nothing ever happened. I'm all for it. And here I was, thinking they were starting the conversation about legalizing THC for medical/recreational use... Guess we are moving backwards now

Edit: I just read an article about this - looks like its still going to be sold, just only by medical dispensaries and probably prescription only. Too bad theres no dispensaries anywhere
I am hearing all sorts of things about the new laws. Both good and bad. I guess we will just have to see how it goes. I will be getting CBD regardless, due to friends in high(northern) places. Lol. I just ordered enough last week to get me into 2019. Good shelf life.

Ohio pre-approved like 52 dispensaries last year on the dawn of the "talks". Six in Columbus area alone. So hopefully Cleveland gets a few also. But then comes the paper work of buying it. I can already see myself depending on external sources.

In my honest opinion, I think it is all about greed and somebody in the state capital getting there's.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
In my honest opinion, I think it is all about greed and somebody in the state capital getting there's.

Unfortunately you're right. Someones always gotta make a buck and someone sees that this product is helping people and see a good opportunity for a cash grab

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
I think it should also be mentioned that I had been diagnosed with a hyperactive thyroid earlier this year. The solution was a $300 topical cream to boost testosterone production and promote receptors in my body to produce pro-thyroid chemicals and such. I was also having problems building muscle mass in the gym for years. Stuck at 180lbs. Good problem to have, right? Haha.

Anyways, it was $300 for a 30-Day supply. I was not please, that is my car payment. I start researching CBD and found a fantastic article about it from a reputable bodybuilder. He claims CBD is a great supplement for those who frequent gyms and exercise in general. It was the article that sold me on the oil. I get it and within 2 weeks notice weight gain. I am currently 196 on our dock scale at work. Like I said, I had been stuck at 180, and I graduated HS at 175. So 196 is a big gain for me, and it was all healthy gain.

Cowzill00

Ready to race!
My wife has been using it for shoulder inflammation and it has helped.

It has also made a DRAMATIC difference in my son who has been struggling with depression. It has really leveled him out and gotten him out of the hole that depression can put you in. I’ve been most impressed with that.

Many pro athletes now use it instead of ibuprofen.

That Ohio news is ridiculous.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
I think it should also be mentioned that I had been diagnosed with a hyperactive thyroid earlier this year. The solution was a $300 topical cream to boost testosterone production and promote receptors in my body to produce pro-thyroid chemicals and such. I was also having problems building muscle mass in the gym for years. Stuck at 180lbs. Good problem to have, right? Haha.

Anyways, it was $300 for a 30-Day supply. I was not please, that is my car payment. I start researching CBD and found a fantastic article about it from a reputable bodybuilder. He claims CBD is a great supplement for those who frequent gyms and exercise in general. It was the article that sold me on the oil. I get it and within 2 weeks notice weight gain. I am currently 196 on our dock scale at work. Like I said, I had been stuck at 180, and I graduated HS at 175. So 196 is a big gain for me, and it was all healthy gain.

Hey man, at least you're not stuck at 150 haha. And 30 of that is beer weight. Coors "light" my ass. I tried gaining muscle mass with supplements and working out every day with my buddy who's a personal trainer and didn't gain a pound. This would be worth a shot if I wasn't lazy and actually hit the gym

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
My wife has been using it for shoulder inflammation and it has helped.

It has also made a DRAMATIC difference in my son who has been struggling with depression. It has really leveled him out and gotten him out of the hole that depression can put you in. I’ve been most impressed with that.

Many pro athletes now use it instead of ibuprofen.

That Ohio news is ridiculous.
I didn't say because it is a somewhat sensitive subject, depression, but I too was in quite the slump that past year or so. For many reasons. CBD seemed to turn this around for me also.

I am happy to hear your family has benefited from the oil as mine has! Overall, and this may sound extreme to some, I legitimately feel CBD oil has changed my overall life for the better. I and standing by it haha.

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
Hey man, at least you're not stuck at 150 haha. And 30 of that is beer weight. Coors "light" my ass. I tried gaining muscle mass with supplements and working out every day with my buddy who's a personal trainer and didn't gain a pound. This would be worth a shot if I wasn't lazy and actually hit the gym
HAHA! I feel you dude! I got back at it a few months back and am already tappering off. Now that I am gaining the weight that I wanted I am like "maybe I'll only go 3 times a week instead of 5..."

Well, that just snowballs into just not going at all hahahaha

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
Just arrived.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

George890

I used to be against legalization of marijuana. But it happened because I didn't know much about its benefits. Having surfed the Internet, I found out that medical marijuana can be really helpful. Also I was surprised how many things are made with adding cannabis. As for me, I've recently tried CBD gummies for my insomnia and they work great (and taste great!). And I'm glad that today people who have to fight with awful diseases every day can use medical marijuana instead of medications.

Last edited: