GOLFMKV

Cash for clunkers

grada89

Go Kart Champion

MagicChic

GolfMKV Madame
Car(s)
2006 VW GTI
No dude, that was done all wrong. grada put in that the R32 WAS the trade-in, when that's not so. You have to go back and put in the Chevy as the trade-in and then see if it qualifies.

MagicChic

GolfMKV Madame
Car(s)
2006 VW GTI
Our 99 Mitsubishi Galant doesn't even count and it does terrible on gas. But, they said the car that's being traded in has to get 18MPG or less to be able to qualify for being traded in for the cash for clunkers deal.

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
Car(s)
MKVI Golf TDI 6MT
R32 gets a combined MPG of 20 so it is below the 22 minimum. A car has to get 22 minimum to get the full $4500

though I believe he could still get $3000 toward the R32 if they'll let him count that (I think it has to be a new car too)

RedMed

Does anyone know what happens if i still owe say $800 on my "clunker"??

Im desperate to find out! But i dont want my salesman to find out about this till the last minute. Haggling tactics lol

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
Car(s)
MKVI Golf TDI 6MT
If you are utilizing CFC there is no haggling... You get $4500 for a fully qualified new purchase. If you owe $800 that would be payed out of your $4500 for a net down payment of $3700 on whatever new car you chose that meets the requirements.

RedMed

If you are utilizing CFC there is no haggling... You get $4500 for a fully qualified new purchase. If you owe $800 that would be payed out of your $4500 for a net down payment of $3700 on whatever new car you chose that meets the requirements.

Really? If this is true ill be on my way to be a new vdub owner! :biggrin: