GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cars you wish weren't crap!

DubDriver17

Oval Newbie
Honestly I'd say the GTI. I'm not saying the car is crap, I'm on my 3rd one (mk4,mk5, now mk6) and I love my car, but in comparison with other manufacturers, VW has always been a generation behind on power. And yes it makes up for it in other areas like the interior and how the power delivered, but there is no reason for the same price tag the GTI isn't 260hp stock, and a 320hp R. I honestly think they would pull other drivers away from other markets if they did. But then again, this would become the SRT-4 crowd on here...ok forget it then.

DubDriver17

Oval Newbie
New age muscle cars. The Mehstang, Camero and Challenger are all really, really shitty cars. They have appeal in very narrow ways like "I GOT A V8" or "this can lap the nurb in x:xx" but when you sit in them, drive them and experience them they all feel like massive tin cans despite their considerable weight. I want one that provides great visibility, nimbleness, solidity and refinement. I want it to have a small modicum of thought given to the interior. I'd love it if they looked great from afar AND up close. Merc does all this excellently, so I'm not asking for some magic unicorn here.

This!

butchered by autocorrecr

REALLY looking forward to the new 2015 mustang. Factory line lock, launch control, and independent rear (finally wtf?) will run 12.5 most likely out of the box. Excited to see the official specs and how it runs.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
Honestly I'd say the GTI. I'm not saying the car is crap, I'm on my 3rd one (mk4,mk5, now mk6) and I love my car, but in comparison with other manufacturers, VW has always been a generation behind on power. And yes it makes up for it in other areas like the interior and how the power delivered, but there is no reason for the same price tag the GTI isn't 260hp stock, and a 320hp R. I honestly think they would pull other drivers away from other markets if they did. But then again, this would become the SRT-4 crowd on here...ok forget it then.

Tbh there are couple gripes about my gti that shouldve been better, like better subframe bolts that actually hold up, couple allignments and 200 bucks later for tyrolsport bushings. Gti also shouldve have better clutch n lil heavier too, oh and the undefeatable esp, otherwise i have no complaints whatsoever

Lodi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R
Mazda RX8....cause reliability, fuel economy and power. If it had a mazdaspeed3 motor in it, so much winning.

YUP!

I'd probably be in one, if it werent for the wankel.

+1 on RX-8

All of this x eleventy billion. My 3.3L Pathfinder got better mpg than my RX-8 did. I used to wake up at night in a panic, thinking some idiot tech might start the car immediately after shutting it down, or forget to rev the shit out of it before shutting it down cold, or that I'd forgotten my bag of spare spark plugs on the counter...

Sexy car doe...

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
3g Camaro and Firebird. I love a good IROC Z but they're such shitshows.

ChrisB1

Go Kart Champion
3g Camaro and Firebird. I love a good IROC Z but they're such shitshows.

I had a mullet mobile Iroc-Z smoke me like a cheap cigarette when I had the Mehstang... After being humiliated, the driver waved for me to pull over at a gas station where we shot the shit...

The first thing he did after shaking my hand was lift the hood and show me the beautiful 383 stroker under it. Next, he proceeded to explain all the changes he made to the car. You know, things like the 9" Ford rear end with 4.10 gears, the watts link, the Brembo brakes, the tubular k-member, etc. There was a LOT of money in that car!

So as you can see, I thought it was a shitshow, but the beautiful paint job and exhaust note should have told me otherwise. Who am I kidding? At that point in my life I would have run anyone, not giving a f*ck if I won or not. It was all about keeping it safe while having a lot of fun.:D

SixSpeeder

Go Kart Champion
yep agreed! I dunno why the Z was so heavy, I had an 06, don't miss it so much

My 06 weighed under 3200 lbs and produced 300 hp. It never felt overweight to me. :iono:

the 350z could have been a better car, the interior was a let down. the exterior was sexy.

The interior was pretty sexy imo. And rattle free, unlike my GTIs..

I miss my work and effort more than I miss the car. My Z was immaculate.

I miss mine, 0-60 in the low 5's stock. Such RWD. Wow.

PrayforMojo

Go Kart Champion
I wish my 2010 Camaro wasn't so cheap feeling inside and wasn't like driving a submarine with those short windows. It looked sweet and was a missile in a straight line but form trumped function a bit too much.