GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Car Suddenly Shuts Off While Driving

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
I had a similar issue, only difference is it would happen to me as I was coming to a stop. I replaced my N80 valve and it hasnt happened since (about a year now)

It's a cheap thing to replace and can be done DIY in like 20 minutes. It may not solve your issues but it's worth a shot.

RRacerguy717

Go Kart Champion
controller usually only overheats with aftermarket pump at high speed

Yes but Not all the time.

Ive seen oem pumps go bad from prolonged plugged fuel filters which in turn overheats the controller.

Ive experienced aftermarket intank pump stalling when idling and run fine with high speed driving.

Best combo ive found with adjustablity need for BT is Aeromotive 340 intank on stock controller using Eurodyne boost manger + which you can run in different modes and one mode can adjust and map out the intank pump voltage, plus you wire in larger wiring to help with higher voltage draw of aftermarket pump

Plus Boost manger + has other great features like pid boost maping and its also has WM controller you can log and map out and lastely has aux output for triggering future second set of MPI that maybe need for E85 :wink: Bob G

RRacerguy717

Go Kart Champion
I had a similar issue, only difference is it would happen to me as I was coming to a stop. I replaced my N80 valve and it hasnt happened since (about a year now)

It's a cheap thing to replace and can be done DIY in like 20 minutes. It may not solve your issues but it's worth a shot.

Yeah thats not a bad idea also , I did change mine to the updated one a few years back just because its easy and cheap enough lol

Guys, we get crazy issues sometimes...i cant speak for every dealer or tech or advisor.

For example, airbag pods unit would not adapt. Replaced EVERYTHING.

Blown fuse for heated washer nozzle was the culprit. You dont know how these fuckers are wired.

The fuel pump module we replace ALL THE TIME. They suck.

If theres no codes, dont chase your tail or ghosts like everyone else, one persons issue isnt always your issue.

Chi_GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MKV GTI Tornado Red
Yeah they were suggesting i consider replacing my turbo. If that was the case i would have just upgraded and done it myself. I like to learn things on my own but not always able to figure it out.

I'm going to take all those options and do my best to figure it out.

Hopefully one of those solve the situation.

Won't know what works until i guess it either shuts off again or does not shut off again.

Spectre

Ready to race!
Yeah they were suggesting i consider replacing my turbo. If that was the case i would have just upgraded and done it myself. I like to learn things on my own but not always able to figure it out.

I'm going to take all those options and do my best to figure it out.

Hopefully one of those solve the situation.

Won't know what works until i guess it either shuts off again or does not shut off again.

It's not your turbo. Please replace the low pressure fuel sensor. It's $40. I just put a new one on after I was experiencing fuel cuts. Car would just shut off and come back on. Then it will go into limp mode. The only reason I'm not 100% on this is because the car never shuts off, like where I need to re-fire it. Unless I'm driving slow. That's happened a time or two before. Like in stop and go traffic. I carry a spare now and can change it in a parking lot. Once I put the new sensor on (for the second time) it's fine again.

All this stuff about the fuel pump overheating and all that, I hear ya but I don't buy it. I've heard the same thing a million times. Each time I've had this problem, the culprit is the thrust sensor. It's been acknowledged by VW as a bad part from the factory. If the LPFP fails, car won't run. It will not start with a failed LFPF. It's in the VW bulletin. Check it out. It's useful. It's how I've managed to diagnose all my problems. Forget about the dealer. At least the one you are talking to. I mean, you can give me a couple hundred bucks, i'll kick you in the nuts and move on. It's about the same deal. In fairness, it really could be the J538 module like someone said earlier. If it goes bad, it won't run either. I'd change the thrust sensor and go from there. But that's just me.

Here's the bulletin. http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86

dleej30

Ready to race!
Found this thread while searching for a solution to my issue, mine though when my engine shuts off I loose all dash lights and VCDS sees no error codes stored when this happens. The car will run great and next thing I know it's off with key in the on position. Sometimes it will start right up, but I usually have to wait for 5-8mins!

Weird thing is I still have power for my aftermarket deck and amp, I also have power through the cig lighter but nothing else works. Could any of the above issues cause me to loose power to my instrument cluster?

I suspect a bad ignition switch making the car randomly shut off, that would explain to me why the car doesn't store any codes when this happens. Added insight anyone?

I have a 2000 Volkswagen gti and it has started to turn off when I slow down or stop. The car always starts right back up. Problem is getting worse and now the ideling is going up and down and then shuts off. If you don't give it gas it won't stay on anymore. Anyone help please

jessdakota

JessDakota
Car(s)
07 GTI MKV
I had this issue and replaced the battery to make it go away... All tests on the old battery said it was fine, but no problem since battery swap

JessDakota

abacuc

It happened to me also a lot of time ago (GTI mk2), I was literally crazy to try to figure out what was causing this issue
Well, it has been due to a too heavy key ring.
I know it can appear too silly anyway this is the truth.
Maybe your problem is due to some other cause, in any case consider my case as a possibility.

MYKW

Car Dies off While driving

Hello team,

Mine is a VW Bora 2.0 Auto Transmission, while driving I notice that my car speedo needle jumps and car suddenly dies off, especially while idling or on a slow motion. restarts and runs very well until next idle...sometimes it dies and doesn't restart immediately until after about 30Sec, it restarts and runs very well.

I have spent a lot of money already changed Fuel Pump, Crank Sensor, Injector Nozzles, Engine ECU, Motometer/Speedclock, Throttle Body, Airflow Sensor, yet no results. please does anyone have a similar issue, I need help to resolve this. thank you

MYKW

In fact, Please if anyone know a VW corporate support team's contact so we can ask them these questions directly.

a friend of mine equally has almost the same issue with his VW Passat 2.0T FSI.