GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Car Making weird sucking noise??

GTI689

Oval Champion
My APR stage 2 GTI is making some weird sucking noises..(no its not the intake) it either sounds like the air is being sucked in realy loud..or blown out.... im also loosing boost and it only happens when the turbo kicks in?... Any one know what this could be? could it be bcause i blocked off my pcv valve? or maybe my forge spacer has gone bad? Any ideas? Please Help?
-Amir

my07blkgti

I'll do it!!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
My APR stage 2 GTI is making some weird sucking noises..(no its not the intake) it either sounds like the air is being sucked in realy loud..or blown out.... im also loosing boost and it only happens when the turbo kicks in?... Any one know what this could be? could it be bcause i blocked off my pcv valve? or maybe my forge spacer has gone bad? Any ideas? Please Help?
-Amir

Sounds like a boost leak. I had the boost leak on my FMIC, one of the hoses came loose and it sounded like you described. I would recommend checking the DV and checking simple places such as the intercooler, and the dv. Try to take out the forge spacer and see how it reacts then. How much peak boost are you losing?

Thats all I can think of.

julito04

I plead the fif.
Car(s)
08 WRX Limited
what kind of sound? any other symptoms other than boost? in your sig i dont see an aftermarket DV, that could be it. But then again it could be your PCV. need a little bit more details.

liudakris

Passed Driver's Ed
i think i may have the same issue.. my car is making a really high pitched noise and i am definitely losing boost. I believe it is the dv that has gone bad.