GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Car got egged...chips in paint, help please.

jrbrownie00

Go Kart Champion
Ya people still do that apparently. It has left paint chips in a circular pattern everywhere an egg hit (5 spots). What should I do? I think im going to put through a claim because IMO the damage is going to be unrepairable. :mad0259:

can see where it got keyed (seperate time) and 2 eggs spots. it was kinda hard to pic up wit hthe camera.

Last edited:

JerGTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
I feel your pain. Happened to me about 2 months ago. Luckily they only hit it with 1 egg but it is still a huge PITA.

Can't stand the useless destruction of other peoples property. Some people have no respect these days.

Elliott

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 GOLF GTI MKV
sorry to here man.. that sucks! little shits.. id love to catch someone doing that.. they keyed my new work van on monday morning.. from front to back... "WEE SHITES! i set up a camara the next day to see if they come back(not yet)..got it on loop record for 24hours and lnked to a small screen next to the telly. post some pics and maybe some one can help u... has it dented it aswell as removing/chiping the paint.. will a polish/wet-sand not remove most of the marks left? again sorry to hear!

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Car(s)
VW GTI MKVI
sucks man, no repair for eggs either. I'd file a claim and pay your deductible for an entire new paint job! Pick something perrrty!

09vdubgti

Banned
Car(s)
mkV GTi
It doesn't look that bad it's repairable I've seen worse. Find a detailer in your area that does wetsanding work and it should be okay.

Elliott

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 GOLF GTI MKV
It doesn't look that bad it's repairable I've seen worse. Find a detailer in your area that does wetsanding work and it should be okay.

X2
from what i can see in the photos the egg marks can be wet sanded n polished not a problem.. if it has taken tiny little stone chips clean out the paint then they will be alot more hidden but of course never gone,,,,however that key mark..10Xworse than mine.. that does make the left side need a full spray,, no touch up paint will hide that.. so my point is it needed doing any way, badly coz thats ugly..
when they did my silver van.(i think jst kids) its a knife mark rite on the swage line n coz of that and the colour its really not that visible.. jst on top of all my work logo.. not so bad, really thin.. but for me to fix that, it means de-sticker, paint and re sign write..PAIN X100000
id phone your insurer and tell them the car is in the garage of your choice and they need to go down the same day to assess the damage..get the go'a'head, get it sprayed n have it back for friday...:biggrin: good luck..