GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Car Chat 2: The Place You Go When Plac ISN'T Considering a New Car

PrayforMojo

Go Kart Champion
I've seen over 500hp on some of the other tunes. Its nuts what they could make. My buddy is too gun shy to tune his, that bespoke motor would be expensive to replace.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Maybe a little.

It's all conjecture because I've never driven one. I was smitten with the e90, and I don't really see anything on paper that gets me more excited for the new one. After driving it on the track, the e90 didn't need to be more powerful. It didn't need more complication, technology, or better fuel economy. It honestly didn't even NEED to lose weight because it drove so well. It was apologetically unique and awesome in its own right. The new one was/is predictable, and in a way, that makes it boring. It also looks terrible. The e90 looked incredible.

Yep E90 is a great car but the current M3 is improved. Whether some ppl like FI or not it is here to stay.

I am for one about Big Displacement and power down low... Drove the crown vic today and I loved the power down from a stop. Which is why I think a SRT392 or a 300s with a hemi or a Dodge Charger would be a fun car. Hell maybe even a 5.0 Stang... but I would never get an auto in that car ... I should probably go test driving again...

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I mean at some point you just got to sit down and say 420 to the wheels STOCK is enough no? :laugh:

PetrolHead

When's the next track day
Car(s)
MKVI GTI
I certainly see the appeal of big displacement and stump-pulling torque. Afterall, I live in the land of muscle cars. The thing with the e90 is that it had plenty of torque. It didn't really need more to be fun around town. High revving V8s are fun because they're almost counter-intuitive. FI is the future, no way around that.

A manual 5.0 stang is admittedly bad ass. You'd probably like it quite a bit.

Desert MVIGTI

Go Kart Champion
Which is why I think a SRT392 or a 300s with a hemi or a Dodge Charger would be a fun car. Hell maybe even a 5.0 Stang... but I would never get an auto in that car ... I should probably go test driving again...

I'm going to go get my mullet on as well. It would be fun to walk into a Dodge dealership with my Yaris and depart with a 475 hp manual Challenger with Shaker hood, stripes, all that shit.

And then I would wake up the next day and realize I had just signed on for a multi year commitment to be on the cast of the Dukes of Hazzard.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I'm going to go get my mullet on as well. It would be fun to walk into a Dodge dealership with my Yaris and depart with a 475 hp manual Challenger with Shaker hood, stripes, all that shit.

And then I would wake up the next day and realize I had just signed on for a multi year commitment to be on the cast of the Dukes of Hazzard.

I can't get over how large the challenger is... It is enormous for a 2 door car, I mean why the fuck is it larger than an Sclass with 1/2 the interior space?!

If it wasn't for that I'd certainly be looking at dodges. The Rustang is nearly a foot shorter. Still a giant pig that is larger than an S4 but yea...

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
Yep E90 is a great car but the current M3 is improved. Whether some ppl like FI or not it is here to stay.

It is improved in that it's slightly faster in a straight line and might handle slightly better, but it in no way lives up to expectations and is absolutely not something I'd ever consider owning - lease only for a new twin turbro bmw.

An E90 is like 98% of the performance and is something I'd actually consider owning.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
For me this car looks amazing (and slimmer) in silver, with or without black stripes. When you go with all Troyballz on it it looks bigger to me, for some reason.

It is the KardASSian back side.
The front is good, but once you get past the drivers door you go daaayyyym.

Which I suppose explain why a certain demographic loves challengers :laugh: