GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Car Chat 2: The Place You Go When Plac ISN'T Considering a New Car

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
the car is super awesome, Z. I've seen it in person guys, very very clean.

congrats to you too, NEEK!

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
19 GolfR, 19 911 GTS
You have seen the numbers on the Hellcat, right? Blows those numbers away.

Still a sweet car though. :drool:

But the hell cat numbers have to deal with the Dodge weight/size factor and suspension, so while very impressive on paper........ :D

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Gotta let NEEK have his glory with his subpar iFruit pics.

I've got more pics on my Flickr. Link below. ;)

I do not use such a shitty mobile device as an iPhone.

Not my fault you took forever to post pics of your car. Geez.

FINALLY. GP looks awesome.

the car is super awesome, Z. I've seen it in person guys, very very clean.

congrats to you too, NEEK!

It is my Dads.

But the hell cat numbers have to deal with the Dodge weight/size factor and suspension, so while very impressive on paper........ :D

Still. The engine is still putting out an impressive amount of power. Dodge has Chevy beat there. If they put that engine in a Viper, then you'd be singing a different tune.

I was only referring to power. Hellcat has way more.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
yours, your dads.. his balls, your balls.. same thing, buddy.

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
19 GolfR, 19 911 GTS
Still. The engine is still putting out an impressive amount of power. Dodge has Chevy beat there. If they put that engine in a Viper, then you'd be singing a different tune.

I was only referring to power. Hellcat has way more.

As I said as well. Very impressive on paper. The numbers are awesome.

Viper? Nah, I wouldn't sing that praises, it would probably be $180k and selling as fast as the current Viper (not). They can't even make the current Viper perform as it should for the specs and money. Dumping even more power into that problem won't fix anything.

Production halted again.... http://www.gtspirit.com/2014/07/09/2014-srt-viper-production-again-halted-by-dodge/

WAP

Go Kart Champion
goddam NEEK, that is one sweet 'Vair Monza. Dem yellow plug wires, doe. Love that top mounted cooling fan with the 90* belt drive. I bet it sounds tits, too. Post a vid?

Z-Huge, nice find there, too, broham!

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
19 GolfR, 19 911 GTS
Oh yeah..... Awesome Corvair.

Only thing I would want to change is to remove the rack, but if that is original paint I wouldn't touch it.

xytbyk

Go Kart Champion
Makes sense. The gti has never been a car that can withstand constant tracking very well. I wonder how the PP would do with the bigger brakes and LSD, though. I'm sure the fiST would still be more fun, but at least the car should withstand the abuse better.

I'm pretty sure every "track" review of the FiST is either done on very cool day, is based on two laps at <6/10ths, or is done in car with ringer cooling. My FiST overheated about 12 minutes into a (hot) track day with the heater on full blast. It overheated going up a hill at 90 with the air conditioner on in 100 degree heat. Those were demanding circumstances, but my GTI and Evo both faired much better in the same situations with OEM cooling.

Otherwise, I love the crap out of that car. I can't wait to love it longer and harder with a better radiator and intercooler.

ATS doesn't have enough power, when I'm looking at 400hp choices. And I don't like the GM infotainment systems at all. Dodge is king of the touchscreen right now.

Having not been on the forum in a long while, my absurdity tolerance is very low, and plac is auto forum sizzurp. I'm metaphorically hammered right now.

JCW GP is friggin awesome. I was about to post some of the 50 pics I took of it at the '12 LA Auto Show if the sandbagging continued.

And, to me, that Corvair is one of the coolest cars of all time. Does the '64 have a front sway bar? Ralph Nader says your dad needs a sway bar or he'll explode. OK. I'm caught up.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
so. much. juice.

legandrex

Ready to race!
Yep, and I'll have another one some day. I'm kicking myself for selling it though, as I had a ton of suspension parts at the house for it to start making a corner carver out of it and just got the itch for a Vette to go along with my dads at the time. Big mistake :(

Also, the motor in that thing is HUGE from a physical standpoint. There's like no room to work on the motor with it in the car.

Here's your chance...my 04 mach 1 with 14,500 miles is for sale. No interest in driving it anymore. Generally just sits in my garage. It is absolutely perfect.

If I am going somewhere car related I have had more fun driving my old GTI or now my 15 wrx.

Attachments

• photo 1 (2).jpg
    photo 1 (2).jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 180
  • photo 2 (3).jpg
    photo 2 (3).jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 177
  • photo 3 (1).jpg
    photo 3 (1).jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 170
  • wrx.jpg
    wrx.jpg