GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Car Chat 2: The Place You Go When Plac ISN'T Considering a New Car

Zillon

Go Kart Champion
Spotted this last weekend... what in the fuck!?

There's a guy in the southwestern US that imported the car from Mexico.

http://jalopnik.com/5464201/viva-los-hoons-jalopnik-reader-buys-mexican-focus-rs

http://jalopnik.com/5535150/2010-ford-focus-rs-first-us-drive

PetrolHead

When's the next track day
Car(s)
MKVI GTI
Still doesn't explain why it has two different color wheels and how it ended up in NorCal. Did it have a Michigan Manufacturer's plate on it (numbers are smaller with a prominent "M" in the middle)? It's likely either part of Ford's torture testing for the new one, or maybe there for development at their new tech facility? :iono:

If it has regular plates, I'd bet they were from Mexico. Just some rich hombres on a troll ride through NorCal. You'd never be able to get Cali plates on that thing.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
It didn't have Cali plates... Not sure what it had but not Cali for sure.

STING

Ready to race!
Spotted this last weekend... what in the fuck!?

Had one of these and wish I kept it.
Its the first Muscle hatch! this thing has so much grunt!
2.5 5 pot l5 Volvo engine with shit economy and shit reliabilty.
The 15mpg (imperial) was a real ball ache!

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Sell TurDI, buy GC, put the other $10k+ down on a real car, #profit?

Yep 10k in placprofit... seriously debating it right now. My main issue is MPG, that thing will get 15mpg... if gas prices stay cheap ($2.79 in my area) it is fine, but if they go back up to $4.50+ this shit will get expensive fast.

Damn the interior in that thing looks almost new!

So does the exterior... non cloudy headlights (90% are) and no scratches on the rear bumper.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Don't you just drive to the train station anyway? MPG don't matter.

I drive about 10k miles a year...

At 15 mpg and $2.80 a gallon that is $1900 a year or $155 a month
At $4.20 a gallon that is $2866 or 238 a month. I suppose still not bad as long as I don't drive much.

Honestly if that thing had less than 100k I'd probably buy it... 132k... well I'd have to check if they have service records for the transmission (that service ain't cheap at $300+2 filters etc). Otherwise that trans will crap out by 150k.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
Yep 10k in placprofit... seriously debating it right now. My main issue is MPG, that thing will get 15mpg... if gas prices stay cheap ($2.79 in my area) it is fine, but if they go back up to $4.50+ this shit will get expensive fast.

So does the exterior... non cloudy headlights (90% are) and no scratches on the rear bumper.

I don't know why because it's old news, but that made me literally LOL.

Just get a fun car as well that gets better MPG. GC and FURBURZS or something would be cool, but then you don't have your badge and powah.