GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Car and Driver "G.O.A.T."

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
I like it too, but the MK7 is not that different from the MK6, which is basically a reskinned MK5.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
I like it too, but the MK7 is not that different from the MK6, which is basically a reskinned MK5.
Hmm, both the Mk5 and Mk6 were the A5 chassis, while the Mk7 (and Mk8) are the MQB chassis, which is quite a bit different. There are lots of things I love about the Mk6, but the Mk7 does nearly all of them a little bit better. I wish the Mk8 wouldn't have continued the trend from the Mk6 and Mk7 of adding power and taking out weight, but it's looking like we're only getting more power, not less weight this time around.

Mk_GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R

I had a Mk6 GTI for nine years before buying a Mk7.5 Golf R. They certainly quite different and the MQB platform is a huge improvement.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
I understand they are different platforms, but in the grand scheme of things, not so different. That's all I'm saying. I know it was improved, but the Mk7 have had their share of issues.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
just that the MK5 is fugly.