GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cant take it anymore. Thinking of selling my GTI

KlipZ

Ready to race!
last July i bought a brand new 2016 Autobahn in Black. I thought, "yeah i can handle this. I can keep it clean." F*** THIS. My obsessive desire to keep my car looking clean has been put to the ultimate test. I wash my car once a week, but it only looks clean for a day or so before all the pollen and dust attaches and makes the car look fuzzy. Meanwhile, my brothers white GTI is blinding bring and clean for weeks at a time.

I think i'm going to do the unthinkable, sell my GTI privately and purchase a used S or SE for less to reduce the financial impact.

Should i go white or silver?

sorry, i just had to rant a bit.

Tamer

Passed Driver's Ed
last July i bought a brand new 2016 Autobahn in Black. I thought, "yeah i can handle this. I can keep it clean." F*** THIS. My obsessive desire to keep my car looking clean has been put to the ultimate test. I wash my car once a week, but it only looks clean for a day or so before all the pollen and dust attaches and makes the car look fuzzy. Meanwhile, my brothers white GTI is blinding bring and clean for weeks at a time.

I think i'm going to do the unthinkable, sell my GTI privately and purchase a used S or SE for less to reduce the financial impact.

Should i go white or silver?

sorry, i just had to rant a bit.
You must be kidding!!! i have a black GTI clubsport, it gets dusty before i leave the washing machine!!! but selling for that reason?!
Why don't you wrap it? in a cool grey satin wrap? it would look very cool

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
As was already said above, you're better of ceramic coating and getting a monthly membership at a local touchless wash so you can clean as much as you'd like with minimal time or effort.

KlipZ

Ready to race!
I've thought about a wrap, but that'll cost like $3k+ out of pocket to do. Local dealers are selling my same car used with 3k more miles on it for 28k-29k. I would sell privately for about that (seeing as i have the extended warranty on it, it would be a deal) and then grab a used SE with 11k miles on it for about 20k. Yes, i'm losing money, but not from my pocket now. I'll have burned what i put into the down payment essentially.

I dont know. I also dont see myself having the car for more than 3 years so figure it'll be easier to sell now with low mileage and a full warranty than later with more miles and less warranty.

GolfWang - I hear touchless is a bad idea. Some people have reporter damage from it. i'm not willing to take that risk i dont think.

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Black/white are the two worst colors to keep clean. Silver/gray are the easiest typically.

My last three cars have been silver.

I have to disagree about gray being easy to keep clean. Mine is carbon steel gray and I can attest that the struggle is real.

Isj

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW Golf R
silver

Dumb idea though. Will cost you through the nose just to have a cleaner car. Alternatively, you could have it coated. Will stay cleaner longer and be easier to wash. Not a cheap process, but far cheaper than getting a new car.

As was already said above, you're better of ceramic coating and getting a monthly membership at a local touchless wash so you can clean as much as you'd like with minimal time or effort.

like these guys said, just get a coating done.

zimmie2652

Ready to race!
I hit mine daily with a quick detailer and it definitely helps keep things shiny. Doesn't take all that long just obviously a little more upkeep. Provided I also work from home 4 days a week so I have the time to do it.

KlipZ

Ready to race!
like these guys said, just get a coating done.

I really haven't bought into the coating for "keeping the car clean." I know it would be great for overall paint protection, but does it really prevent dust and dirt from "sticking" to the car? I'm quite skeptical.

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
I'll let you know. Getting mine coated this weekend.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
I think you're gonna take a loss (or more than you think), all to get a less equipped car & one that is used/you don't know the history.

What's to say that car hasn't been thru 100 car washes & swirled to hell?

I'd look into getting it wrapped, or getting a nice coating put on instead

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie
You must be kidding!!! i have a black GTI clubsport, it gets dusty before i leave the washing machine!!! but selling for that reason?!
Why don't you wrap it? in a cool grey satin wrap? it would look very cool
Please tell me I didn't just read this. What the literal F are you doing taking any new car, let alone a Clubsport freaking GTI, through a car wash?! You don't deserve her!! [emoji14]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk