GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Can I drive with an upgraded downpipes before getting an ecu tune?

Hamad990

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2007 Golf GTi
Basically as the title says I was wondering if I could use an upgraded downpipes before getting my Ecu tuned. The reason Im asking this is because the shop I'm going to will be doing the initial tune for the ecu, but I live across the city so I wasn't sure it ill ruin anything in the process. From what I've been reading it seems like code P0430 is usually what comes up after the install, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Another quick question I had was if I should keep on using the same spark plugs that are currently on the car or if there is a better option for a stage 2 Unitronic tune with the red top r8 coils installed. I'm pretty sure I'll be fine using what I already have, but I just wanted to see what people out there suggest.

Thanks!

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
It will only code...will not harm it to drive it there for the tuning afterward. Use the Plug you have...if you have trouble later, you can address it then.

Hamad990

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2007 Golf GTi
ROH ECHT So I replaced the Downpipes but I also had to disconnect the downstream O2 sensor, because it seems that someone attempted to put it on/remove it before and stripped it. So now I've got code P0036, and was wondering if its still ok to drive it in that condition until I get the new sensor. From what I've read online it seems that the rear O2 sensor doesn't really control anything and is pretty much only there to make sure that the catalyst is in good condition. Ive driven the car because I had to, and I didn't notice any difference in the fuel consumption, and nor did any new codes pop up since then.