GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Can anyone tell me what the factory taillight coding is for a Jetta or check their own car's coding?

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2009 GLI, 2016 GTI
I had aftermarket LED tails on my 09 GLI for years, it involved switching a couple pins and changing the coding to get the bi-color turns to work. One side died, so I put back in my OEM lights, and switched back the pins in the connectors and changed the coding. Strangely though only the inner bulbs light up at night, but when I press the brake the outers come on also. The turn signals function normally as well. I did some research and best I could find was the coding for the relevant bytes in central electronics is 9-12 and seems some MKV Jettas have the factory coding as 14 00 00 14. I thought I had my original coding saved but it must have been on my old pc or a flash drive I cant find anywhere.

Not sure why it isn't working, and I'm pretty sure I have the pins swapped to the right config. Do GLIs or 09s have different coding? Theres no error codes or anything. Maybe i'm just confused lol but I thought both bulbs should be lit and just get brighter when you press the brake. Pic of my coding and how it looks. Anyone got any ideas or can you check your own cars coding? Thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210813-214755.png
    Screenshot_20210813-214755.png
    309.8 KB · Views: 41
Last edited: