GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Caliper painting

Horus USAF

shhh Im thinkin......
Car(s)
06 GTI
Very nice. I really wanted to do some color, but it was either white, black, or bronze. Since I didn't want to take away the focus from the wheels, I decided on black. If I had a more colorful scheme going on, I could have gotten a bit crazy. Oh well, trying to keep things subtle anyway.

Yea, i most deff agree I just thought a cobalt blue would look good on a BMP haha. but black was the best color for you with your wheels.

Icy6

Ready to race!
:(

Great job though. I'm not of a fan of the black but I think it's because the pictures don't give it justice.

darcness

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI CW
You'd have to see it in person. Or with a better camera. That was a cell phone camera. In person it looks much better. Nice and shiny wheels with a shiny black caliper behind it. Much better than the red that was on there.

Crimson

Ready to race!
Car(s)
VW GOLF
Jeez dude you are brave using that "widow maker" to work on two wheels at the same time!! :eyebulge:

I tried using the widow maker for getting off the rear wheels to put on the rear mudflaps on - after testing it once I said "F**k that too dodgy!!

You really do have faith in German engineering LOL!!

I decided to go for the safer option and bought axel stands and a trolley jack to do my calipers

I painted them blue to match the R32 conversion Im currently working on :thumbsup:

bennylenny88

bora bora dude
Car(s)
Golf mk5 GTTDI 2.0
how the fuck do you jack up both ends anyways??
i jacked my car up on the wrong place and it bent the sill when i was doing mine today...

but well worth it :D

rs_hunter

Ich blute VW-Blau & weiße
If I use my front jack point it will bring up front and back of the car. It's done that since I bought it. :lol:

This is nothing new for a Volkswagen. The chassis rigidity of Volkswagens, in general, is legendary. I can do the same thing with this one...

Attachments

• 02eurovan2.jpg
    02eurovan2.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 561

vwvinny4180

Got his Licence!!!!!!!!!!
Car(s)
CW Gti
do you put a clear coat on or just the VTH paint

Mr. Heloperator

May I direct your call?
How long do you wait for the paint to dry? I read somewhere 24 hours or so, but I'm willing to bet people only give it a few hours. Also, what do you think about orange? I have not seen anyone with the colour except

But then again, those are brembo and not painted. I'm willing to try ... too gaudy?

Canzipwni

Car(s)
BMP 06 GTI
Looks great, I plan on doing with in the next few days. I was looking at the calipers and it doesn't seem possible to fully tape around and almost under it. Did you have any issues with getting the paint on the brakes? Did you use a brush or aerosol? Anyone else have success painting calipers without taking them off?

1972vw

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'09 GTI
Looks great, I plan on doing with in the next few days. I was looking at the calipers and it doesn't seem possible to fully tape around and almost under it. Did you have any issues with getting the paint on the brakes? Did you use a brush or aerosol? Anyone else have success painting calipers without taking them off?

Don't worry if you get paint on the calipers. I'll just rub off the first couple times you use the brakes. That's why it's not a big deal to paint them on the car.

OP, looks great, reminds me I need to repaint mine. But you should really invest in a good jack and stands...I live in a very small apartment but keep them under my bed lol