GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

C230 Kompressor Sport Show Prep

BoostedThrills

showshinedetail.com
Car(s)
G35
Keith's car was prepped for the 13th Annual Endless Summer Cruisin' car show in Ocean City, Maryland.

Show Prep:
-Foam bath and hand wash
-Clay bar entire vehicle
-Spot treatment for scratches
-Cleaner wax
-Finish wax
-Wheel detail - four coats of wax to protect and seal for the drive to Maryland (and much longer thereafter)
-Engine bay extreme detail
-All jambs cleaned and spray waxed

BoostedThrills

showshinedetail.com
Car(s)
G35
Just detailed my wives car wish my job came out like this...any tips on products?

Griot's Garage car wash - used in my electric pressure washer mixed 50/50 with water in the soap reservoir, which makes the foam bath

Griot's Garage clay bar

Griot's Garage random orbital with orange polishing pad

Griot's Garage Machine Polish #2

Griot's Garage Machine Polish #3

Meguiar's Carnauba Cleaner wax

Meguiar's Gold Glass Carnauba Plus wax

Griot's Garage Vinyl & Rubber Trim dressing

Turtle Wax spray wax

Meguiar's Hot Shine tire gel

Moses

Go Kart Champion
okay you did an amazing job. you really have skill to make a car look that clean.

now how did you do the engine bay? i've had absolutely no luck (no patience?) trying to clean under mine, and it's completely filthy. there's a lot of cracks and tough spots that you can't just hit with a spray bottle and paper towel. any tips would be appreciated.

Jbaker1121

that beastly FX
Car(s)
INFINITI FX35
the work looks good

but the car is ehhhhh

needs to be lower, wheels look awk for some reason, front grilles need to be black, plate moved down or removed, tails tinted fully, not maroon looking, idk it just looks busy

BoostedThrills

showshinedetail.com
Car(s)
G35
okay you did an amazing job. you really have skill to make a car look that clean.

now how did you do the engine bay? i've had absolutely no luck (no patience?) trying to clean under mine, and it's completely filthy. there's a lot of cracks and tough spots that you can't just hit with a spray bottle and paper towel. any tips would be appreciated.
Thanks man, I appreciate it. I start by covering the alternator or exposed air filters with a folded up towel or plastic bag wrapped around it. Next, I rinse under the hood with low pressure, staying away from anything electrical. A degreaser is applied and I use a big brush to loosen up the dirt. Next, the engine bay is rinsed again of all the degreaser and grime. Finally, I use Griot's Garage Vinyl & Rubber Trim Dressing on a 4" foam hand pad (like the one that comes in the top of a Meguiar's wax tin) and dress pretty much anything that's black or plastic/vinyl/rubber.

the work looks good
Thank you :smile:

Crawfish00

Greaux saints
Car(s)
Cw mk6 gti
Thank you sir... I'll order some suff now if i ever come close to doing as well as you I'll post a pic... But I doubt it it's deff and a lot of talent

BoostedThrills

showshinedetail.com
Car(s)
G35
Thank you sir... I'll order some suff now if i ever come close to doing as well as you I'll post a pic... But I doubt it it's deff and a lot of talent
You're welcome, and thank you. Just remember to try to get stuff through Detailer's Domain. Phil has been a great supporter of this and many other sites I'm on. He should be having a fall discount special right about now if you poke around in the detailing forum I'm sure you could find it. I'm working through the rest of my Griot's and Meguiar's stuff then should be almost exclusively ordering products sold by Detailer's Domain.

Jtrem

Pro TeaBagger
Car(s)
'06 Gti
I've always wanted to clean my engine bay. But im terrified to mess something up.

Tempted2Speed

is cooler than you
Car(s)
2007 GTI CW 6MT
Griot's Garage car wash - used in my electric pressure washer mixed 50/50 with water in the soap reservoir, which makes the foam bath

Griot's Garage clay bar

Griot's Garage random orbital with orange polishing pad

Griot's Garage Machine Polish #2

Griot's Garage Machine Polish #3

Meguiar's Carnauba Cleaner wax

Meguiar's Gold Glass Carnauba Plus wax

Griot's Garage Vinyl & Rubber Trim dressing

Turtle Wax spray wax

Meguiar's Hot Shine tire gel

Alot of those products are OTC stuff that I think can easily be beat buy detailer supply stores online for the same or less price.

Gold class wax looks great but isnt durable at all so I do understand that it fits for the purpose of a show.

BoostedThrills

showshinedetail.com
Car(s)
G35
Alot of those products are OTC stuff that I think can easily be beat buy detailer supply stores online for the same or less price.

Gold class wax looks great but isnt durable at all so I do understand that it fits for the purpose of a show.

Not sure I understand your point but yes, this is true for the non-Griot's items. These are products I've had since I started my business and am almost out of. At that point I'll be going through Detailer's Domain almost exclusively. I didn't want to waste perfectly good product that has always provided me with great results. I've seen protection from the Gold Class for up to five months in my experience with it.