GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Buying vs. Leasing

BurntGauge

AWD > FWD
I don't know alot of ppl who lease cars but I can see some of the advantages. I kind of do get bored of my cars after a couple of years so leasing does seem to make sense, but of course, you don't own a car at the end of the lease and you can get penalized big time if you go over the miles you are allotted.

Anyone here lease?

I was looking at leasing a Boss 302 or the super cool Challenger SRT8. But I have to finish paying off my STi first obviously. Just an idea for the future.

I like leasing a 302 because it's a super amazing car but I probably wouldn't want it forever or for a family which could happen in 2-3 years. Same with the SRT8, not practical but amazingly cool. 302 would be more rare and handle better....probably even gets better gas mpg.

curiouskyle16

Ready to race!
dont really know much about leasing because i bought my gti after working all through high school. same with the s2000, traded the gti in and payed the rest. but if i had to choose one, go for the 302. they are unbelievable. the challenger is just a big boat.

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
Cars that are in high demand or limited production like the ones you mentioned are often times not available for lease. I'll never ever lease because it doesn't fit into my enthusiast lifestyle, however I see how if you don't drive much, don't mod your cars, and get new cars often how you could make it make financial sense.

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
Also yeah, the challenger is a joke and the Mustang is a really nice car. You'd be happier with a regular 5.0 + track pack and brembos over the SRT-8.

BurntGauge

AWD > FWD
There's something about the SRT8 that...my favorite muscle car is the Hemicuda and I know Plymouth is out of business so this is the closest thing to it. It just has so much cool factor. It'd obviously not handle as well but it would be great for cruising and straightline.