GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bunch of easter eggs...........

JetTurbo

geezer
Car(s)
2018 GTi Autobahn 6M
anyone know why my wind shield wipers arent automatic.

because no US spec MK V GTI ever came with that feature?

Very few US spec Mk Vs do, r32 has automatic wipers, Jetta 2.0 pkg 3 had automatic wipers. I am not sure, but I think introductory 2005.5 Jettas had them. It also appears the only Mk V's that had/have auto wipers have blue tinted glass (like your 06), but I am not positive.

Auto wipers are part of a combination of auto dim mirror, automatic headlights and automatic wipers. The windshield mounting bracket is unique to this option. VW supplies windshields with mirror bracket glued in place, I am in the process of adding that feature to my GTI as part of replacing a cracked windshield. The mirror assembly alone is quite a bit more expensive than the windshield. The rain / light sensor comes close to the windshield cost. It is a costly mod, parts alone at dealer retail total about $800 including windshield, no labor, but you should be able to finagle discounts from list. I can provide the vw part numbers if you are really interested in adding that feature. the most expensive part ...

note: the electrical connection and conduit are not complete in this picture

Pretty sure the combination of 6 spd manual, Climatronic, and and auto dim mirror / rain light sensor was NEVER available in US Spec vehicles, so this picture is fairly unique.

Jethro41

Volkswagenista!!
Car(s)
VW GOLF V GTI
This is just a re-hash of the codes in the other doc ... a little google translation could help, but still much is a mystery. :frown:

- M -

Thanks Mission... I'll trot off with this to my friendly Service man... if I just went in and asked him he'd plead ignorant...If I show him I've put some research in and have some idea...he's more helpful... weird but true.

If I get anything from him...I'll post it here.

Autobahn Proven

Got here fast as I could
Car(s)
2006 GTi
AdJust Volume-On Settings, etc - No Vag Com Needed

With the radio on (standard in - dash six disc, 2006 US Spec), press and hold the SCAN TUNE knob until the bong. By rotating same knob, you can set volume on, speed dependent volume (on scale of 1 thhrough 3), whether you scan all available channels or just your presets - and a few other things. BTW, my radio (and programming it's settings) works without the ignition key but the steering wheel controls don't.

theholycow

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1980 Buick LeSabre
Good one. Works for the US spec single disc mp3cd HU that comes in the 2 door base model Rabbit too.

Similarly, if you hold the SCAN TUNE knob and don't let go when it goes "bong", keep holding it and it changes the display back to normal, still don't let go, and keep holding it until the next "bong" and you can get into the service menu and see signal strengths for the antenna and other such data.

Thanks to zither99 and other folks in the thread for DIY shark fin antenna, for that info...
press and hold the right knob, first you will go into the regular settings menu, then it will go back to the radio, and then it will go into the service menu

McCrash_mkv

Pre-Tuned in Deutschland
Car(s)
08 UG GTI Euro Spec
I didn't pay..got a 08 GTI Euro Spec..(bi xenons were stock).
thanks
All North American GTI's come with xenons stock. The rest of the world has to pay to get xenons on their GTI.

lqdKaos

I love mountain dew
Has anyone mentioned that when you hit the window washer for the rear window, the wiper will start then after a few sweeps stop.....Then a about 20 seconds later, just as that last little drip of washer fluid starts to run down your rear window, your wiper will go one more time to get it.

theholycow

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1980 Buick LeSabre

ericlikeseatin

Ronald McDonald
Car(s)
2006 VW GTI
next to the gear lever, in between the two large cup-holders is a smaller cup-holder that fits a red bull perfectly!!!

cmurdor

Hey Just to let the guys know that wants to make some of these changes like lighting options, remotely control windows, etc. There is a device I bought called OBDEleven and the only crappy thing is you have to have point to make some changes but you can get 5 credits a day for free if you don't want to purchase and I have over 200 credits available each change takes about 10 and I have never purchased any credits. The device it self was 60 dollars but seriously worth it. https://obdeleven.com/en/