GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bunch of easter eggs...........

R-Bisch

L-VILE
Car(s)
2006 GTI MKV
Um... i think the whole auto closing sunroof thing is crap. just sayin. im pretty sure my dealer woulda mentioned that... he went throught everything with me when i bought my car. all the other stuff i knew exept the auto close and windows. just saying.....

Zach L

VR junkie
Stop.. No go...

Pressing the brake (sufficient to light the brake lights) at the same time as the accelerator causes the ECU to ignore the accelerator input. This demonstrates the Drive by Wire system
I'm guessing this is a DSG-only characteristic. I heel-toe quite a bit w/ my 6-speed. Even with the brake pedal fully depressed, I still have full function of engine speed through the accelerator pedal.

Lima

Vorsprung durch technik
If you push ECON + rights button near Recirculated air. You will show into each screen in the climatronic several interesting values. If you go to channel 19 you will show in the right screen the speed, rpm, motor temp. The are others interesting channels but by the moment there is no info. To go to another channel just move the left temp selector to move to another subchannel just move the right temp selector.

Any reference to what the other values indicate? :iono:

Fuzzbear

Fat bastard
Car(s)
07 VW GTI
I'm guessing this is a DSG-only characteristic. I heel-toe quite a bit w/ my 6-speed. Even with the brake pedal fully depressed, I still have full function of engine speed through the accelerator pedal.

Dunno, when I was trying to see if my 07 DSG had launch control... it was definitely NOT ignoring the accelerator input when I had the brake pressed.

thomaschh

Banned
If you turn the sunroof dial about an 1/8th turn past fully open the sunroof slides all the way back into the roof.

There's no marking on the dial for this and I'm not sure why...

=tom

Jax$MkV

GolfMKV Veteran
Car(s)
2007 5dr BMP GTI DSG
sweeeeet info

BetaOp9

Banned
Zone Climate Control Synchronization

if you hold down the AUTO button for three seconds, it will synchronize the temperature setting on both sides of the car to match that of the drivers side. When ever the driver changes his temp setting it will also change it on the passenger side, until a passenger changes their side.

Or just turn off dual and it will change both to diver side control...

malkatraz

Touring Car Newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSS_Hoon View Post
yes it is, you have to have your wipers on the auto rain detect and it will close?

We don't have an auto setting in the US. Nor do we have rain sensors. Stop trying to fuck up our cars. :)

Rain sensors are great though - you're missing out there. :biggrin:

I have DSG , sunroof, and bi-xenon.

Can confirm the window trick works a charm here in oz. I use it daily. Only wish I could start the GTI using the remote.

Also can confirm the sunroof sliding all the way back and the headlights (washers / rate depending on speed / reverse).

Have to add I like how the stereo changes volume depending how fast you're going. Useful and stock.

BetaOp9

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSS_Hoon View Post
yes it is, you have to have your wipers on the auto rain detect and it will close?

Rain sensors are great though - you're missing out there. :biggrin:

I have DSG , sunroof, and bi-xenon.

Can confirm the window trick works a charm here in oz. I use it daily. Only wish I could start the GTI using the remote.

Also can confirm the sunroof sliding all the way back and the headlights (washers / rate depending on speed / reverse).

Have to add I like how the stereo changes volume depending how fast you're going. Useful and stock.

We in the US have those items, most need to be activated with VAGCOM, takes a few minutes. The only thing are the zenon fogs, which we can get the oem kit for but $$$. The radio has a setup section which has that feature too which is reachable without any special tools.