GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bulb Out Warning Light??

Pugs51

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 UG GTI MKV
A few days ago my area was hit hard with a big storm on my drive home. I drove through some puddles but nothing too crazy. Half way home a bulb out warning light came on. The next day I check every light on my car and they all work. It's been about 4 days now and it won't go away. I hooked it up to my error code reader and no codes appeared. I want to avoid disconnecting my battery because it screwed up my aux in my radio and needed a vagcom to fix. Is my only option to disconnect the battery to remove the error light?

*I've also done research on this problem and every picture I saw with that light on, the display told the driver exactly which bulb was out. My car never said anything. That's why I'm thinking it's being faulty.*

dimi_108

The GTI Collector
A few days ago my area was hit hard with a big storm on my drive home. I drove through some puddles but nothing too crazy. Half way home a bulb out warning light came on. The next day I check every light on my car and they all work. It's been about 4 days now and it won't go away. I hooked it up to my error code reader and no codes appeared. I want to avoid disconnecting my battery because it screwed up my aux in my radio and needed a vagcom to fix. Is my only option to disconnect the battery to remove the error light?

*I've also done research on this problem and every picture I saw with that light on, the display told the driver exactly which bulb was out. My car never said anything. That's why I'm thinking it's being faulty.*
Same thing happened to mine. I ran a scan on it using my Bluetooth OBD2 and Carista App and it was showing as a fault. It actually happens on my car if I leave the auto headlights on and turn the key to "off" position in a car park or somewhere dark and don't leave the car.

After around five times of turning the car off and on it will clear itself.

It will clear itself as long as your bulbs are working trust me.

Last edited:

Pugs51

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 UG GTI MKV
I fixed the problem. It was a tail light bulb that was out. I fix the bulb. I turn my car on to see if it turned off the light. It did. But now my battery died after I tried to start it again. What the ****?

dimi_108

The GTI Collector
I fixed the problem. It was a tail light bulb that was out. I fix the bulb. I turn my car on to see if it turned off the light. It did. But now my battery died after I tried to start it again. What the ****?
That's the exact same thing that happened to me last week as well. Battery was suddenly dead. Like completely flat.

I got it jump started by a friend and all is fine now after 100 miles of driving. So weird.

Pugs51

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 UG GTI MKV
That's the exact same thing that happened to me last week as well. Battery was suddenly dead. Like completely flat.

I got it jump started by a friend and all is fine now after 100 miles of driving. So weird.

Wow, so interesting that we had the exact same problems. I got mine jumped as well and no problems since. Maybe it has to do with the battery now drawing power from a bulb that use to be out.