GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Building my motor, need advice on valvetrain.

Fred930

Scirocco MK II Track Car
Eventually I'm going to install an accusump but that's eventually. I already plan on the DSG cooler to help keep it healthy.

Personally, I would never build a track car without an Accusump and good sized external engine oil cooler (you mentioned planning on a DSG cooler - I have no experience if that is needed too, but expect it's a good idea).

Neither item is especially expensive, but there is added cost for AN fittings, hose, and some method to tap into the oil supply (my oil filter adapter plate has worked OK for years). I just feel better knowing that Accusump is helping prevent oil starvation during high G moments (and really nice to have some oil pressure before cranking a cold motor). And it's a rare track car that has TOO MUCH oil cooling.

Only down sides -
1) You need to start the car a bit earlier before your first session to get oil temp into a good operating range, especially on cool mornings. Don't have a radiator fan, so it's a delicate balancing act to warm the oil without overheating the water.

2) My Accusump is located in the passenger seat area (easy access to the manual control valve). So harder to find a good mounting spot if you're planning on keeping the right seat. They can be electrically controlled, but I don't like that method.