GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Budget HPFP for an 07 FSI?

apeirologue

Car(s)
2007 GTI
I was looking at doing Unitronics Stage 2 HPFP tune or sticking with a stage 1 from APR/Uni.

I have all the required parts aside from the HPFP and the Downpipe. I know I can get the eBay downpipes at a slightly lesser quality but I'm a bit stumped on the HPFP's. All of the ones from APR or high-end places are about 600-1000 USD right now and the eBay ones seem to just be OEM and not rated for Stage 2.

My question being is there a cheaper option? Or due to the HPFP's being special does it have to be one of those high-end ones in order to do the Stage 2 HPFP. If that's the case I might just go for a Uni/APR stage 1 since my GTI is already high mileage and I don't want to sink 2k+ into the HPFP, DP & ECU tune.

Also, side question for those who have Uni/APR's stage 1, how bad is it on the DSG? I know that Unitronic has the DSG tune, but APR's is just the engine remap. For those with Stage 1 APR's, how do you find it treating your transmission? Thanks in advance to anyone who can help out.

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
If your current hpfp is working fine with no issues you could do an upgrade kit to the current pump but if that pump is in question then a new Hatichi + upgrade will be like +/- $700

apeirologue

Car(s)
2007 GTI
If your current hpfp is working fine with no issues you could do an upgrade kit to the current pump but if that pump is in question then a new Hatichi + upgrade will be like +/- $700
I have a Hitachi on it now and I don't seem to be having any issues with it (not sure how new, the previous owner probably did it). I'll look into those upgrade kits, thanks

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
You can buy a kit for your current fuel pump to upgrade it. Autotech or Integrated Engineering. I think both kits are 400.

Any 3in downpipe will work. Cheapest good intercooler would be from Unitronic which is 700.

So in terms of cost.

Stage 1 - all you need is software upgrade - 600 -800 depending which tune you get.

Stage 2 on the cheap you need software and hardware

Software 600 - 800
HPFP kit 400
HF intake 300
Intercoller 700
Downpipe - 200

Appox total on the cheap is 2200 - 2400

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
The concern mentioned; would be the mileage that is on the current HPFP. Generally, the OE-HPFP will last at least 100k miles. The internal piston and seals for the piston are the concern regarding aging. You don't want to rebuild an aged HPFP with an HPFP piston upgrade kit. Because the upgrade will create more internal pressure in the HPFP, and this is applied to those old seals. You are the one to determine whather or not to rebuild the current HPFP or replace it and build the new HPFP before installing it. Just be prepared for having rebuilt a used HPFP, with 80k miles or more, to be swapping the piston upgrade into another HPFP in as little as one to two years. You'll know when when rail pressure is low and fuel is in the oil.

I use Autotech.
JHM is an option, but I haven't heard much about those.

Another option is VIS, who have two stages. Stage 1 provides plenty of pressure. You'll need to contact them in order to find out how to order from the US. I think they can provide a link to their genuine VIS part on ebay...beware of ebay VIS clones. I've heard they are out there: https://www.vismotorsport.com/20tfsihpfpupgrade

Twiggi 13

Car(s)
7.5 Gti & 6R
The concern mentioned; would be the mileage that is on the current HPFP. Generally, the OE-HPFP will last at least 100k miles. The internal piston and seals for the piston are the concern regarding aging. You don't want to rebuild an aged HPFP with an HPFP piston upgrade kit. Because the upgrade will create more internal pressure in the HPFP, and this is applied to those old seals. You are the one to determine whather or not to rebuild the current HPFP or replace it and build the new HPFP before installing it. Just be prepared for having rebuilt a used HPFP, with 80k miles or more, to be swapping the piston upgrade into another HPFP in as little as one to two years. You'll know when when rail pressure is low and fuel is in the oil.

I use Autotech.
JHM is an option, but I haven't heard much about those.

Another option is VIS, who have two stages. Stage 1 provides plenty of pressure. You'll need to contact them in order to find out how to order from the US. I think they can provide a link to their genuine VIS part on ebay...beware of ebay VIS clones. I've heard they are out there: https://www.vismotorsport.com/20tfsihpfpupgrade
Hi, what HPFP pump housing are you doing when fitting the Autotech upgraded needle ?

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Hi, what HPFP pump housing are you doing when fitting the Autotech upgraded needle ?
Hitachi 06F127025K ... but whichever is the current revision for the HPFP is fine. Doesn't have to be Rev.-K if it's been revised. I think it is $322 at ECS and $400 at FCP....but FCP has a lifetime warranty on all parts purchased there.

Twiggi 13

Car(s)
7.5 Gti & 6R
I bought a new Piereburg pump and fitted the Autotech internals and we could not get more that 7 bar fuel rail presure. Have fitted the Autotech internals to a Hitachi and it seems to be working now. Thank you for the reply.