GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Budget Direct Car Insurance

nafets

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 VW GOLF R32
Hi Guys,
I was wondering if any of the forum members have had dealings or have a insurance policy with Budget Direct? I'm looking at insurance for a 04 Holden Wagon and budget are the cheapest by far. So i'm doing a little research to see if they are good to deal with.

Thanks for help

Cheers Stef :thumbsup:

brad1.8T

Ready to race!
Hi Guys,
I was wondering if any of the forum members have had dealings or have a insurance policy with Budget Direct? I'm looking at insurance for a 04 Holden Wagon and budget are the cheapest by far. So i'm doing a little research to see if they are good to deal with.

I had my u13 Bluebird & the RX Liberty insured with them.

They are cheap because they don't take on much risk.

You have to have an ultra-clean driving record; over 30(?); low risk vehicle (non-turbo, no V8s when I was with them); no performance mods.

I never made any claims so can't comment on that process.

The Nissan was stock, so no dramas.

After 6months with the Subaru I fitted a rear sway bar & they weren't thrilled when I rung them. The policy only had a few weeks to run & they advised me that I should seek quotes from other insurance companies that were mod-friendly (fair enough, they make it quite clear about mods in the PDS), so i went to Shannons for about 50% more ($500 v $750) and added lots of other mods.

Wipperman

Ready to race!
Car(s)
`
i had them when i first got my R.

very good pricing, however, when the renewal notice came around they had put the price up $300.

I went back online and got a quote for my R and it was back at the original price quoted.

They would not change back to the original, so I told them to fuck off.

Now with Real Insurance.

I got ran into by a guy who was dodgy. I contacted Real, they got my car fixed and chased the guy who hit me. Very fast service

onpole01

ILoveMyMKVGTI
I did an online quote for the GTI and it was terrible-$600 per annum more expensive than NRMA. However as previously posted, I had a "not my fault freakin asshole car wash company drive into a concrete wall and say they didn't do it and told me to prove they did it" accident which increased my premium with NRMA but makes it untenable to go with Budget.

606gti

black sheep
ive had panel shops ask me to make sure i wasnt insured by budget. apparently they're as tight as they come