GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BT... horsepowers inside

cruizin01

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 Rabbit
For you guys that dont follow the Official BT thread.

Had a thread about 3 years ago with a full build but alot has happened since then. Ive since swapped some parts and added some more. Below are the results

I got in contact with Arnold @ pag parts a couple months out of new york. He put together custom kit for me. I had alot of parts already on the car so swapping to newer/bigger parts was a pretty easy upgrade.

powertrain mods
-stock FSI block w/ balance shafts intact
-stock pistons
-stock intake manifold -flappers
-brute connecting rods
-9.5:1 c/r head gasket
-vband stainless exh manifold
-vband turbosmart comp-40 wastegate
-GT3071 with billet wheel upgrade and TIAL vband exh housing
-3.5" mafless intake
-3" catless exh with APR/Corsa CB
-RS4 injectors
-APR upgrade HPFP
-RS4 upgrade fuel pressure relief valve
-custom intank walbro 400
-Labonte stage 3 w/m with dual nozzles
-fluid dampr
-VFE twin intercooler
-Turbosmart E-boost 2 EBC
-Eurodyne Maestro Tuning Suite

Ive got plenty of other suspension/brake and drivetrain mods but I think thats all the important stuff.

Just got the car back up and running a week or so ago on the new software. Havent had to make any adjustments so far except for the warm up enrichment and the cold part throttle is a bit jerky.

Big thumbs up to Brian Turner at DynoTune Motorsports for getting me on the rollers in 2 days notice.

Dyno chart is on 26 psi where I decided to stop. 93 octane plus w/m. I dont have easily switchable timing maps so I decided to keep the race map on the car. I think it would have made high 300's on strictly pump gas.

Overall Im real happy with the numbers. Its more than I expected for the most part. I know its capable of more. >500hp but with stock pistons I dont want to chance a broken ring land with more timing/cylinder pressure. Ill possibly upgrade those at some point If I want more.

Engine bay isn't very pretty but its not a show car. Its a driver.

Last edited:

eod69usn

Ready to race!
very nice...we run very similar setups, hardware wise that is

TSiUG

sleeper...
Wow, really nice numbers man. I need to make a trip to Columbus some time and get a ride in a true big turbo car!!!:thumbsup:

Moosecakes

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Awesome!! Love the overall look of the outside of the car too. Who's gonna guess that 5dr gti's rocking nearly 500whp hah :thumbup:

Ony

Ready to race!
how much do you think was the total cost for the 'kit' listed?

Crispy21

Banned
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
Damn 500 horses very nice

mrbikle

Go Kart Champion
good job man.... i give it a week before you turn it up :)

RRacerguy717

Go Kart Champion
originally I was looking for around 400whp, so I knew the stock pistons would be fine at that. They still may be fine at closer to 500whp. no one knows I guess.
Don't run higher boost all the time and keep spraying. Wm to keep cyl pressure down and you should be fine IMO. The lower cr headgasket is playing a big role here it helps keep the knock voltage lower which makes the ecu happy. I have basically the same setup without spraying wm with little to no knock under 20psi. Bob G :thumbsup:

mark920

Ready to race!
Hey Cruizin I just noticed you had a VFE twin intercooler is that like the forge twinter cooler? I was just wondering if there may be eve more bt horsepowers to be unlocked...

cruizin01

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 Rabbit
Hey Cruizin I just noticed you had a VFE twin intercooler is that like the forge twinter cooler? I was just wondering if there may be eve more bt horsepowers to be unlocked...

yeah very similar. more hardpiping though. what are you saying? Im not gonna get into the whole intercooler debate that gets debated 12k times daily here. Ill say this though. The w/m does alot more on my car than any intercooler is gonna do. If my intercooler setup is 5% less efficient than another its a moot point.

mark920

Ready to race!
yeah very similar. more hardpiping though. what are you saying? Im not gonna get into the whole intercooler debate that gets debated 12k times daily here. Ill say this though. The w/m does alot more on my car than any intercooler is gonna do. If my intercooler setup is 5% less efficient than another its a moot point.

Just trying to get an idea of what I can expect and I havent seen much info on the VFE twin intercooler so I was finding out what I could compare it to and there is alot of info out on the forge product. You are correct though there is a lot of debate over intercoolers and I doubt too much of a difference will be made if the intake temps are already low b/c of water/meth.