GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BSH Rear End Links w/Eibach RSB

Little_Red_Fast

Back in the saddle!
Car(s)
2011 Jeep JK Rubicon
Wow! Thats all I can say. I thought it handled well with just the RSB. I used to be able to take this *recommended* 45mph interchange ramp at 70-75mph without breaking a sweat. Last night after the install, I was between 80 and 85mph and I wasnt even pushing it. I didnt think these things would make that much of a difference! They are awesome!

Some pics:

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
Bump from the dead. Just ordered a set. How hard was install seems fairly straight forward maybe hour or so? Jack up put on stand, un-bolt and rebolt, put wheel back on. Repeat.

Little_Red_Fast

Back in the saddle!
Car(s)
2011 Jeep JK Rubicon
If your end link bolts aren't all rusty like mine were...it will be cake. If they are, spray them with PB blaster, go eat dinner, come back and remove them and it will be a 1 hour job tops. Maybe 2 hour if you take a shit ton of pictures and stuff like I always do, but that is pushing it. Make sure you "counter" hold in the triple square. Makes it way easier. And if they are completely seized, I recommend a dremel or a die grinder (had to do this for my fronts when I replaced them when I did the Cross Coil Suspension, the counter hold method caused me to strip out and shear my triple square!).

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
Ok so just got done took her for a drive. Bang pop creak! OMG does it really create that much more NVH over stock? Can i grease them? Yes it handles better. I could not get my swaybar to the stiffer setting, as i need the triple square for that bracket, but even still there is less understeer by far and car is more neutral. Im not sure that the added noise is worth it. I might be selling these soon if they do not quiet down.

GLIJets

Ready to race!
Ok so just got done took her for a drive. Bang pop creak! OMG does it really create that much more NVH over stock? Can i grease them? Yes it handles better. I could not get my swaybar to the stiffer setting, as i need the triple square for that bracket, but even still there is less understeer by far and car is more neutral. Im not sure that the added noise is worth it. I might be selling these soon if they do not quiet down.

I sold the BSH bar because it needed to be greased and it was clunking. It wasn't worth the noise IMO. Not sure about the links though.

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
I sold the BSH bar because it needed to be greased and it was clunking. It wasn't worth the noise IMO. Not sure about the links though.

Just talking about the links. Running H-Sport bars and the noise was not present before. Besides, this is a COMPLETELY different noise and vibration then a swaybar squeak. Knowing LRF was a NVH freak like me i dont think he would like this noise/pop either.
EDIT: Need to mention im still at stock ride height. I noticed that these help especially when car is lowered. I plan on some H&R OE sports (only .2" drop) so those might help alittle with the noise if that is the case. After installing it would make sense after seeing the angle of the suspension now after the links are installed. Plus i didnt have torque specs so i did it hand tight, which for me was tighter then it was stock lol.

Seriouschris

<3's vaginas
Car(s)
Your mom

So instead of just applying some grease........................you sold it?

You had to take it off the car to sell it, why not just grease the fuckin thing, put it back on and enjoy your significant suspension upgrade?? :lol:

pssst...I'm sure the stock one needs grease every so often as well =D

GLIJets

Ready to race!
So instead of just applying some grease........................you sold it?

You had to take it off the car to sell it, why not just grease the fuckin thing, put it back on and enjoy your significant suspension upgrade?? :lol:

pssst...I'm sure the stock one needs grease every so often as well =D

I had it for 2 months and had to grease it 4 times to keep it from creaking. The upgrade was not significant, but it was an upgrade. The stock one has needed no maintenance as of yet. The bar wasn't for me and my driving style.

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
end links, opinions anyone?:frown:

brekdown29

J-O-O
Car(s)
GTI 7.5
my stock end links work fine.

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion

MarkFhive

Awwwwsome
^^But actually does make the most sense. Period.

I tried these links with my APR rsb and they clanked n clunked all the time. Figured out after taking them off and having them replaced once already, that the billet bushings come loose VERY easily inside their "harness", rather behind that thinnnn little round piece you can see on the outside of each bushing. As soon as you drive them a lil bit, they come loose and start clanking n making all kinds of noise.

I noticed a SMALL amount of improvement on hard turns but other then that the stock links perform just fine unless you are constantly taking 90 degree turns going 50+ mph which is stupid anyways unless u always track the car.

Point is, I thought it would be a good upgrade, at the time (when they first started releasing em) it seemed they were getting a good review and BSH seemed to put on a good show, but after using em for a while I realized it was a waste and just not a very well thought out mod. If you really wanna listen to what sounds like your entire rear end coming loose the entire time you drive, then by all means, but the stock links really are not as bad as they are made to seem, and it really does take ALOT of beating to cause the rubber bushings to "break".

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
^^But actually does make the most sense. Period.

I tried these links with my APR rsb and they clanked n clunked all the time. Figured out after taking them off and having them replaced once already, that the billet bushings come loose VERY easily inside their "harness", rather behind that thinnnn little round piece you can see on the outside of each bushing. As soon as you drive them a lil bit, they come loose and start clanking n making all kinds of noise.

I noticed a SMALL amount of improvement on hard turns but other then that the stock links perform just fine unless you are constantly taking 90 degree turns going 50+ mph which is stupid anyways unless u always track the car.

Point is, I thought it would be a good upgrade, at the time (when they first started releasing em) it seemed they were getting a good review and BSH seemed to put on a good show, but after using em for a while I realized it was a waste and just not a very well thought out mod. If you really wanna listen to what sounds like your entire rear end coming loose the entire time you drive, then by all means, but the stock links really are not as bad as they are made to seem, and it really does take ALOT of beating to cause the rubber bushings to "break".
This is info i wanted to hear. I am wondering if a urethane bushing instead of a metal one might be better. If they clunk and continuously come loose like this i will uninstall and sell them or live with the noise. It takes maybe 30 min to put it back to stock. Thanks for the input and answering some of the question.

BTW your talking to the wrong person about leaving something stock if you do not want to hear things like this. This was far from my first mod on my first vehicle. This is just my first time with suspension mods like this (ie control arm end link ect) using spherical bushings. This is probably why i have never done a similar install is because of talks about the noise they make. I am going to talk with BSH Monday about this.