GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BSH FSI Engine Mount Package Review

drtechy

How you doin?
Car(s)
2008 TR GTI
I haven't looked at it in depth yet. I was considering the neck delete, but need to scope it out in depth so I can figure out what kind of cap to use on the reservoir. For the bracket (if I keep the neck) I am considering using the lower bolt (attached to the mount bracket) and placing that one in the fender instead. A little torch, a bit of grinder, some rattle can flat black and a dab of blue locktite and I should be good to go. The neck is obscenely flexible so I don't think it would be in much of a bind moved over 1 -1/2 inches to accomodate the new bracket location. My only other concern when dry fitting is to make sure the hood closes cleanly. Did you cap yours or replace it with a w/m kit? If it something I can pick up the hardware store I would definitely delete the neck! I have topped off that sucker once in a year and a half and only did it because I was filling the wife's car at the time and had some left over.

Eurocars came up with my fix, just removed the filler neck and bought a 1" (i'm not positive on the size, but I'm pretty sure it was 1") threaded PCV cap, and screwed it on. That was it, really simple, and when I need to refill it I just put the filler neck back on to fill it.

tampa_mk5

zungguzungguguzungguzeng
Car(s)
Indeed a 1 in threaded PVC cap for the job. Nothing earth shattering in regards to NVH. I do feel (no pun intended) that it helped minutely with the vibrations at idle with the AC as well as quieted it down minimally while cruising between 40 and 80 mph. I could be wishing for positive results, but either way I am happy with the cleaner look. The reduction/percieved reduction in NVH made me realize that what I have been "listening to" over the last couple of thousands of miles is indeed an exhaust leak- time to go digging for that now. Thanks again Doc!

drtechy

How you doin?
Car(s)
2008 TR GTI
Indeed a 1 in threaded PVC cap for the job. Nothing earth shattering in regards to NVH. I do feel (no pun intended) that it helped minutely with the vibrations at idle with the AC as well as quieted it down minimally while cruising between 40 and 80 mph. I could be wishing for positive results, but either way I am happy with the cleaner look. The reduction/percieved reduction in NVH made me realize that what I have been "listening to" over the last couple of thousands of miles is indeed an exhaust leak- time to go digging for that now. Thanks again Doc!

No problem, glad it worked out for you. Good luck on finding the exhaust leak!

Britishav8tor

Ready to race!

penpal

Srs Bzns
Car(s)
07 GTI , 12 R, 18 R
heh, the design is similiar but my bsh's are anodized black with black bushings. they're engine mounts, how much different can they possible look. even the black forest industy mounts uses the same design, except their bushings are square shaped.