melancholygypsy

Bring out the Gimp
Car(s)
2008 GTI
This has got to be a mistake right...

just my .02

mrbikle

Go Kart Champion
Just a heads up..after a few miles....retorque the mount bolts...I was getting a clicking and it was from a loose tranny mount

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

GTI4John74

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI
when the OP says there's vibration, does he mean that when you are driving on the hwy that the steering wheel tends to make a slight shaking feel or does he mean there's that vibrating noise resonating from driving with these mounts???

i'm considering getting this as well...i like BSH's products, they really look solid

panda_man22

Go Kart Champion
oh man i want these... missed out on the last sale, hopefully again soon

maotsetung

maotsetung ftw!
when the OP says there's vibration, does he mean that when you are driving on the hwy that the steering wheel tends to make a slight shaking feel or does he mean there's that vibrating noise resonating from driving with these mounts???

i'm considering getting this as well...i like BSH's products, they really look solid

Very slight shaking feel but not to the point you'll notice. Mostly body vibration--that is also slight after putting some mileage on the mounts. The engine resonating through the cabin will definitely change and you'll notice the difference.

Here's a cabin noise on my car. No pendulum/dogbone mount yet but only the engine and tranny mount w/bfi motor mount. You can hear the static sound..that's from the gopro vibrating from the mounts. You also see me removing the fast doll cuz it's making alot of noise from the vibration. For me, as the driver, I'm so used to it that I dont feel it anymore.

thanks,
- mao

drtechy

How you doin?
Car(s)
2008 TR GTI

I guess I should answer this. The steering wheel is solid while driving, and very slight vibration at idle. The NVH is primarily through the chassis of the car from the mounts. I did find one bracket that goes on the very top of the Engine side mount that went from the mount to the chassis. This bracket was to hold the filler neck for the windshield washer fluid, but I removed the filler neck, so I removed this bracket also. Once removing this bracket I immediately noticed even less NVH throughout the car. Don't ask me why one little bracket could cause that, but it helped to remove it. Now even with the a/c running I don't feel it through my pedals anymore.

So to answer your question simply, it is not a vibration in the steering wheel, more of the vibration noise from the mounts resonating through the chassis.

tampa_mk5

zungguzungguguzungguzeng
Car(s)
The NVH is primarily through the chassis of the car from the mounts. I did find one bracket that goes on the very top of the Engine side mount that went from the mount to the chassis. This bracket was to hold the filler neck for the windshield washer fluid, but I removed the filler neck, so I removed this bracket also. Once removing this bracket I immediately noticed even less NVH throughout the car.

question doc: did you use any type of washer on top of the engine mount when retorquing the bolt with the bracket removed? I am hoping for the same results- thanks for the tip!

drtechy

How you doin?
Car(s)
2008 TR GTI
question doc: did you use any type of washer on top of the engine mount when retorquing the bolt with the bracket removed? I am hoping for the same results- thanks for the tip!

Nope just bolted it right down. I'm very interested to see if it makes a difference for you.

drtechy

How you doin?
Car(s)
2008 TR GTI
did you notice less wheel hop or anything like that?

By the time I got the engine mounts I had already put coilovers on, torque mount insert, and good tires so wheel hop wasn't really an issue anyway, well as long as the traction control is always turned off lol.

tampa_mk5

zungguzungguguzungguzeng
Car(s)
Nope just bolted it right down. I'm very interested to see if it makes a difference for you.

I'll post results Monday. The drive to work gives me the best opportunity to compare before and after. I need to modify/relocate the existing bracket this weekend. Thanks again!

drtechy

How you doin?
Car(s)
2008 TR GTI
I'll post results Monday. The drive to work gives me the best opportunity to compare before and after. I need to modify/relocate the existing bracket this weekend. Thanks again!

Are you keeping the washer fluid filler neck? If not you can just get rid of the bracket completely.

tampa_mk5

zungguzungguguzungguzeng
Car(s)
Are you keeping the washer fluid filler neck? If not you can just get rid of the bracket completely.

I haven't looked at it in depth yet. I was considering the neck delete, but need to scope it out in depth so I can figure out what kind of cap to use on the reservoir. For the bracket (if I keep the neck) I am considering using the lower bolt (attached to the mount bracket) and placing that one in the fender instead. A little torch, a bit of grinder, some rattle can flat black and a dab of blue locktite and I should be good to go. The neck is obscenely flexible so I don't think it would be in much of a bind moved over 1 -1/2 inches to accomodate the new bracket location. My only other concern when dry fitting is to make sure the hood closes cleanly. Did you cap yours or replace it with a w/m kit? If it something I can pick up the hardware store I would definitely delete the neck! I have topped off that sucker once in a year and a half and only did it because I was filling the wife's car at the time and had some left over.