GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BSH DV Relo - Forge DV Service

IIIHobbs

The Old Man Down the Road
Car(s)
2007 GTI
It's been about a year (15k miles or so) since I installed my BSH DV Relo kit. Everything is working fine, but as recommended by many here, it was time to do the DV Service, cleaning and lubrication.

I removed the DV after first warming the engine a bit; the silicone hoses are more agreeable then.

Brought the Valve to the bench, took it apart, cleaned everything with a soft cloth, lubricated with Mobil 1 Synthetic Bearing Grease,

Reassembled, tested and reinstalled. I followed the Forge Valve Service instructions, here:

http://www.forgemotorsport.com/valve_service.pdf

It was all very simple.

Took the car for a test drive, nothing noticeably different, but I am good to go for another year.

str8edg

Passed Driver's Ed
Great idea. I bought some synthetic bearing grease for my cleaning in the future.

Dredknut

DSG Fart Fanatic
Car(s)
2007 GTI
I relube my DV every oil change, however I think I am using a really shitty quality sythetic bearing grease...

IIIHobbs

The Old Man Down the Road
Car(s)
2007 GTI
Forge uses the Mobil 1 Synthetic when they assemble the DV. Cleaning and lubricating more often is certainly not bad; like changing oil more frequently, at some point it becomes impractical.

Driving more yesterday, I feel that the DV is reacting faster; I can see it on the Boost gauge and hear a more noticeable rush through the Intake.