GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BSH comp catch can install issue

Moosecakes

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
So I'm 99% done. Just have to bolt up the plate and cut my lines.. my issue is... stock bolts no worky with BSH plate? Am I retarded or was I supposed to get screws with the kit because the OEM head's on the screws are WAY to big.. Am I missing something??

Car(s)
2008 GTI
Buddy I wish I could help so at least bump for a brother in need.

Moosecakes

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
They in fact, do not. they are wayyy to short, like 2 threads poke out past the plate. and the head is WAY to big to sit into the countersunk holes on the BSH plate. I wish it was a lapse in motor function, or a heat stroke. But it isn't :( they no workey

Car(s)
2008 GTI
They in fact, do not. they are wayyy to short, like 2 threads poke out past the plate. and the head is WAY to big to sit into the countersunk holes on the BSH plate. I wish it was a lapse in motor function, or a heat stroke. But it isn't :( they no workey

Can somebody with a BSH can chime in?

ArmoGTI

Ready to race!
I don't remember having any issues using the stock screws

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk 2

Moosecakes

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Maybe I'm doing something wrong? I'll snap some pics right now and send you guys an email showing how much of the threads are sticking through the plate itself.

Can you post a pic of your plate and screws Armo?

Moosecakes

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
You have an email BSH! I appreciate the response! You guys have been great this whole time!

Moosecakes

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
I honestly think they may be the wrong screws. But they seemed to have an OEM tightness feel to me when I popped them.

I'll throw a pic up here too for you guys to see, one sec

Here we are, I'm also having trouble getting the 2 outlet ports to seat all the way down?? Is this normal? they are tight as holy hell, but there is like 1/8" of space left?? *you can kinda see in the last pic*

Last edited:

Moosecakes

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Hahahaa that's kinda what I was thinking. Lmao, alright i'll hit the dealership tomorrow morning and pickup some OE screws.

Thanks guys! what about my bungs not seating fully??

smallsmatilda

Banned
I honestly think they may be the wrong screws. But they seemed to have an OEM tightness feel to me when I popped them.

I'll throw a pic up here too for you guys to see, one sec

Here we are, I'm also having trouble getting the 2 outlet ports to seat all the way down?? Is this normal? they are tight as holy hell, but there is like 1/8" of space left?? *you can kinda see in the last pic*

Nice work!