GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BSH comp catch can install issue

Moosecakes

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Received an email response from BSH this morning, you guys are awesome once again.

Uh oh, my man those are body screws typically used for your bumpers or fenders and definitely not the screws that are originally intended for the PCV plate.

One of the forum members made a suggestions on how you can go +1 on thread sizing and I strongly suggest that as your best option to rectify.

Thanks!
-Phil

Thanks for your help guys! I'm headed to the dealer in a few minuets to pickup the correct screws. I'm going to bet they aren't the same thread whatsoever, so i'll grab some plastic weld at walmart and remake my holes.

:thumbsup:

Moosecakes

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
All done! Thanks everyone for all your help! :thumbsup: now to pop that bastard check valve out hah.

Car(s)
2008 GTI
All done! Thanks everyone for all your help! :thumbsup: now to pop that bastard check valve out hah.

I like the putt putt, it's only at idle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Bake

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Glad you got it installed!!

Car(s)
2008 GTI
It sounds tough on my EJ intake.

Moosecakes

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
haha nice! I'm hopefully gonna be fabbing intake soon. Going to do a slightly different route as my CC is now in the spot my intake box would go. But once I relocate my battery, goodness will come!

Car(s)
2008 GTI
Move the can to the driver side.

Moosecakes

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
won't work, as the bungs on the can wouldn't point the right way. I have a better idea to use more space and create more volume of air flow :)

thechromecoyote

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE
Did you have to use plastic weld bc of the screw differences?

Plastic weld won't hold up over time as an FYI. Use the thread I mentioned previously to help you with going 1 size up in order to avoid pullout issues over time.

Moosecakes

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Did you have to use plastic weld bc of the screw differences?

Plastic weld won't hold up over time as an FYI. Use the thread I mentioned previously to help you with going 1 size up in order to avoid pullout issues over time.

I actually didn't! these screws I got at the dealer weren't quite right, but the diameter was larger so they are in there tight as fuck, they were a little too long so i poked through the back of the plasic, but im going to get a new VC later this year anyway and then i'll get proper screws. But it's in there tight as fuck.

Car(s)
2008 GTI
I have a 42 can, pretty much mount it wherever.

Moosecakes

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
It did me too, the pop sound when it came through the back, I was like "ahhh shit" but it's seriously like 1/16" poking through. no big deal right now, it'll be fixed when I get a new VC. May end up just going EJ.